General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

SAM Racing/Bobby Lashley race cars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 11:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SAM Racing/Bobby Lashley race cars?

I have been trying to figure this out for awhile now. How reliable are the SAM racing engines in the 99 Camaro? Its a 433 with about 1000hp and spinning to 9500rpms. And Bobbyt Lashley's NA 427.

I love the engine and what they do with and will buy one very soon from some builder. And Ill do the same in my area. But really how reliable is it?

A very good friend and expert when it comes to engine combos says that engine cant be very reliable. More than 2hp per CI cant be that reliable, I agree with him on that. That is a VERY exotic engine.

When I am ready to buy an engine I have NO problem spending the probably $50k+ it would cost to build this but I wont have a team and wont be sending it back to the builder every two weeks for three weeks down time with a 10k bill at the end.

Is a 1000hp LSX NA reliable possible or should I just scrap the idea and go with a BBC with a carb? I want to go with and LSX engine. And have no problem spinning high revs. And have no probably spending a lot of money to buy the engine. But I wont be paying a team to maintain it. It needs to last at the very least one season hopefully two.

Any real people in the know, know what I can do?