General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LS2 power steering fittings.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Teching In

Location: Previously Michigan (90's) Florida (2000's) and Currently Somerset, England.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 power steering fittings.

I have an LS2 crate motor that I am using in my Corvette resto mod. The pump appears to have an 8mm John Guest style speed fit output for the pressure line. I need to make up custom lines as my car is right hand drive and has a power rack. I considered taking the speedfit out and using an M16 adapter, but the pulley is so close I will not get anything srewed in. Can I just push an 8mm steel line into this fitting?
Old 02-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Location: Previously Michigan (90's) Florida (2000's) and Currently Somerset, England.

Still struggling with this. I am using M16 and M18 to an-6 and an-8 adapters at the rack, and I can get the teflon braided an-8 return line onto the reservoir, but the outlet from the pump looks like a special fitting. Can anyone tell me about this fitting? I can't believe this is such a mystery. Everyone who has bought a crate motor like me must have to figure this out. I am in England, so finding a buddy with an engine I can look at is not an option.

Any help?
Old 02-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Post some pictures of what you have going on. It is hard to imagine what you are describing.

Quick Reply: LS2 power steering fittings.