General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Finished my longtube, SES lights to watch for?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finished my longtube, SES lights to watch for?

My car had the cats removed nearly 3 years ago, and dyno-tuned after that. I instructed the tuner to ALSO do any necessary tuning for race style long tubes, but am not 100% sure if that was done or not. Obviously with no cats, the rear O2's are taken care of. Is the AIR SES light all I should be looking for? Already did the initial open header start as required by LS1 law and man law when you install your own headers lmao. No SES's on initial startup, and as I understand it, the AIR would've thrown one immediately wouldn't it?
Old 02-13-2012, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I did not get s SES light on initial startup either. I believe it may take a few cycles for it to come on, and in my case there is a chance the previous owner had a tune already.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The codes that you will get should be for the REAR O2 sensors and EGR and AIR if your headers came without the provisions
Old 02-13-2012, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

That's what I was thinking. No provisions on the TSP's, no EGR on 01, O2's are already tuned out due to no cats, and im pretty sure the air has been tuned out too, BUT I don't know for sure. So that's the one I'm waiting on to strike, does anyone know for sure how long it should be before the AIR would throw a code? Thanks for re-affirming
Old 02-14-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

when I started mine, I let it idle and warm up for 15 minutes and took it down the road and back....about a mile and a half. Didn't see it until the next time I started it.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:01 AM
TECH Regular

got an SES light after about 15 miles, and now the car is running pig rich. I'm hoping it's just because I completely unplugged the rear o2's because I had nowhere to put them until I get to the exhaust shop =/
Old 02-15-2012, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RacingTiger03
got an SES light after about 15 miles, and now the car is running pig rich. I'm hoping it's just because I completely unplugged the rear o2's because I had nowhere to put them until I get to the exhaust shop =/
Rear o2 will not alter a/f ratio. Go to local parts store get the car scanned, see what it is. Make sure front o2 are functioning. Did you splice the front o2's to get the extra lenght or use a plug and play extension? Maybe you did something wrong with that. As far as the rear you dont even ever have to plug in the rear o2's if they are tuned out... they will be useless anyway. Anyway just scan it first see what codes are on... then we can go from there.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm finishing my install tonight, planning on abiding by the ls1 open header law too