General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

true duels best setup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default true duels best setup?

I have LT headers with duels that dump out in front of the axle. The car is lowered so there's not much room under the car. It comes off the headers and has 2 small bullet style mufflers and then into an X pipe, then dumps out at 45* in front of the axle. One problem I have is I hit one of the mufflers where it's flat to the pipe and the car makes a shitty raspy sound when slowing down. I'm not sure if it's because of the muffler or because the car is not tuned. All the pipe is 3" and I like the deep sound you can get from 3" so I don't want to drop the size. I figure I will just redo it with 2 DMH electric cutouts but what mufflers do I go with to stay with duel setup. I what a DEEP v8 sound but not sure what would work with the lack of clearance.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Teching In

I was thinking slp loudmouth 1 or 2, moroso spiral flow racing muffler, dynomax race bullet, or a magnaflow. I guess any glasspack would be the same size to. Anybody?
Old 03-13-2012, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

you should check out the magnaflow bullets, I love mine.
part # 14419
Old 03-13-2012, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have dynomax bullets. There loud deep and sound good. Obnoxious at times but overall good.