General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

If I were looking to go from a GEN-III ECM to a GEN-IV....

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If I were looking to go from a GEN-III ECM to a GEN-IV....

Reworking my 6.0, decided I'm going cammed 408.

Now, my question is this -

If I get a 4" crank with a 58x reluctor wheel, the 4x cam gear, the GEN-IV front timing cover, and extend the associated knock sensor setup / cam sensor, what is stopping me from running a GEN-IV wiring harness + E38 ECM, so that I can swap a 6l80 into my '05 Avalanche with the appropriate ECM communicating with the TCM?

The BCM keeps coming up as my big grey area. Will a GEN-III BCM communicate with a GEN-IV ECM?

I'm still researching all of this, so let me know what others have run into...
Old 03-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Teching In

Nobody's looked into anything like this?
Old 03-21-2012, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the reason you are not getting any response is it is soooo much easier to just adapt the gen III stuff to that block. That's pretty much what everybody does..... 24x reluctor, TC cover, valley cover and sensor extensions and you are done....

You can make a the 80e work just fine with a gen III computer. Remember the gen III 6.0 trucks came with an 80e..... Never personallly looked into it much but all you need to know is in the tranny section.....
Old 03-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
I think the reason you are not getting any response is it is soooo much easier to just adapt the gen III stuff to that block. That's pretty much what everybody does..... 24x reluctor, TC cover, valley cover and sensor extensions and you are done....

You can make a the 80e work just fine with a gen III computer. Remember the gen III 6.0 trucks came with an 80e..... Never personallly looked into it much but all you need to know is in the tranny section.....
Talking 6L80, not 4L80
Old 03-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Teching In

No info?