General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

6.0L Ls2 vss output testing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0L Ls2 vss output testing?

I just finished doing a LS2 6.0L swap from an 05 Chevy ssr into a 1968 firebird. Everything is working good but I do not have any signal coming from what is supposed to be the speed signal output to the guages. I am running a wiring harness from SSP and coming from the blue connector on the ECU is the grey wire connected to pin #21 how can I check to see if this is Puting out a signal. I am running Dacota digital vhx Guages and according to Dacota digital there should be no compatibility problems with the signal. When I try to program the spedometer it doesn't pick up any pulse signals. I tested ohms from ECU connector pin# 21 to the input to the Dacota digital box and it was 0.00 any help would be greatly appreciated. I talked to the guys at Dacota digital and he tolde me that with a dvom in AC voltage it should be reading at least 3v and I would assume vary up from there depending on the speed of the relucter ring but I'm getting nothing. Does this seem right? I'm wondering if it might be a bad ECU not outing out the signal or if ssp might have turned this function off then the tuned the Ecu (if thats even possible) I know the ECU is getting a good signal because I can get a live data reading from my scan tool on mph jus nothing from pin 21 as far as I can tell.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd post this in the conversions section, prolly have better feed back their.

Quick Reply: 6.0L Ls2 vss output testing?