General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help me remember a parts website.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help me remember a parts website.

Last year I was part hunting online and came across a website that was... Well, let me try and explain. It was a site where dealers listed parts from all over the country. I think they actually needed to submit their inventories though. You would then use your part number to find the item, click it and it would tell you that Random Pontiac in Detroit had 3 of this part and so did Billy's Chevrolet in Austin etc, etc. You would then be given the option to send a message to that dealer to get a shipping/price quote.

This was not some site that just listed part numbers of out of stock crap, it was most definately dealer related as the dealers themselves needed to submit inventories, parts, etc. I don't remember if it was basically a clearinghouse, or what the premise was. I just can't remember the lousy name and I've been thinking about it on and off for months now.

Anyone have any idea?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to go out on a limb and say car-part.com, but those are used parts, not dealer parts.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Launching!

No, not that one. I actually found the site linked here in some old post last year, although that doesn't really help anything. Definately new dealer items. I don't know if they listed ALL items or just the older model/discontinued typed stuff.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lkqcorp.com?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 133 Posts

rock auto?
Old 05-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Launching!

I found it again by accident. It's Partsvoice.com. As far as I can see, the dealer submits what they have to this site and then when you search you find which dealers that have submitted parts lists have stock of the OEM part. Looks to be dealer only, so, this won't list parts by anything but dealers. I think.

Took me long enough to find them again too, geez.