General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

4l60e in 5.3 swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e in 5.3 swap

Hi, im planning on swapping a 5.3L into my 94 Chevy 1500 that originally came with a 4.3L. I already have a complete wiring harness and some other parts from a 99 Chevy truck that had a 5.3.

i found this website that shows what wires i need to make the engine run on its own. i was wondering if anybody knew if this will work good.
http://lt1swap.com/99-02_vortec_pcm.htm

But my real question is i want to keep the 4l60e that i have in the truck now that was originally behind the 4.3L. since it was replaced not to long before the 4.3 went out. and i was wondering how i could make this work. i know the transmissions changed after 94 and i might need the flexplate spacer im mostly worried about the wiring can i hook it up to the harness i bought? If not can i modify it to make it work or do i have to buy different transmission? I don't have enough money to buy a stand alone computer and that wouldn't make sense since they are sooo expensive i could buy a 99 4l60e for the same price. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive tried searching but i never really get a straight answer and i want to be sure