General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

01 Z28 to 03 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 01 Z28 to 03 Z06

Well the C5Z have been my dream car, yes a covette z06 is my favorite car. Ive been wanting to buy this car for yeearrrrrssssssssssssss, lol. I finally got approved for a loan to buy one and trading in my 01z28 if all things go well. Gave the down payment already and approved for the loan through wells fargo just gotta drive 350+ miles to get it lol. Some of my friends were telling me to keep my car but ive always wanted the Z06 and think GM did an excellent job with the car. The only mods i think ill do to the car is intake, Free mod to exhaust, nitrous and tune.

Last edited by karpetcm; 05-23-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by karpetcm
Well the C5Z have been my dream car, yes a covette z06 is my favorite car. Ive been wanting to buy this car for yeearrrrrssssssssssssss, lol. I finally got approved for a loan to buy one and trading in my 01z28 if all things go well. Gave the down payment already and approved for the loan through wells fargo just gotta drive 350+ miles to get it lol. Some of my friends were telling me to keep my car but ive always wanted the Z06 and think GM did an excellent job with the car. The only mods i think ill do to the car is intake, Free mod to exhaust, nitrous and tune.
ehhh, I would never trade a F-Body to go into a car loan again but good luck and nice car.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

As long as you have the cash saved up incase you blow it up, do it.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

excellent upgrade though i wouldnt get a loan on a car that old.

i still like c5z06s. they still look great.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:01 AM
Staging Lane

Congratulations on your purchase.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You guys are right on getting a loan on a old car. About 4 years ago i had the opportunity to buy a silver Z06 and let me tell you this thing was mint. I backed out and bought an M3 instead. I regreted it for a long time doing that, i absolutley hated the M3 and got rid of it and bought a camaro instead. Ive been wanting a Z06 since 01 and finally and hopefully if all things go well im gonna drive out this weekend and go get it. If the car is clean like it looks in the pics and runs good its a risk im gonna take and hope it doesnt backfire. I cant believe how much they've dropped in pricing compared to a couple of years ago.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

congrats
Old 05-23-2012, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats man. It's a night and day difference between the two.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:46 AM
12 Second Club

You'll love it. I love mine I will probably never go back to an Fbody unless its for a drag car/DD
Old 05-23-2012, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys for the advice, i love my 01z28 no doubt and its been a great car. The miles are getting up there and i want to get what i can for it now because 100,000+miles and i probably wont get much for it then. Z06 is something i want to keep for a few years and then maybe if im lucky upgrade down the road to a C6Z, who knows. Nothings final yet i need to drive out there but contract was mailed back to them and down is paid. Gonna be a PITA to drive almost 400 miles, lol.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:14 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks guys for the advice, i love my 01z28 no doubt and its been a great car. The miles are getting up there and i want to get what i can for it now because 100,000+miles and i probably wont get much for it then. Z06 is something i want to keep for a few years and then maybe if im lucky upgrade down the road to a C6Z, who knows. Nothings final yet i need to drive out there but contract was mailed back to them and down is paid. Gonna be a PITA to drive almost 400 miles, lol.
You'll enjoy the drive back! I drove 200 miles to pick mine up. Just FYI it's a completely different beast, get used to it before trying to push the car's limits.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
You'll enjoy the drive back! I drove 200 miles to pick mine up. Just FYI it's a completely different beast, get used to it before trying to push the car's limits.
Thanks wooddaniel, im already thinking of the intake i want, short shifter prefered to change the stick to a shorter one, U/D pulley and tune so far. I was looking at your sig, was the Vararam PITA to install? i heard there not easy to put on, i was thiking of just buying a dual cone intake, matte black finish. I know the VR is better but looking for an easy install. Whats also a good short shifter where i can pull the stick off it and go with a shorter stick like i did with my Z28? sorry for the questions figured ill ask someone that knows best. You can PM if you want, by the way i got the QSM as well, lol.

Last edited by karpetcm; 05-23-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks wooddaniel, im already thinking of the intake i want, short shifter prefered to change the stick to a shorter one, U/D pulley and tune so far. I was looking at your sig, was the Vararam PITA to install? i heard there not easy to put on, i was thiking of just buying a dual cone intake, black matte black finish. I know the VR is better but looking for an easy install. Whats also a good short shifter where i can pull the stick off it and go with a shorter stick like i did with my Z28? sorry for the questions figured ill ask someone that knows best. You can PM if you want, by the way i got the QSM as well, lol.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z...-shipping.html

That shifter and the Vararam were on my car when I got it, I love the shifter, it's awesome. So sorry man, don't know about the install process.

I definitely suggest L/T Headers and some sort of cat back and X pipe. My car was way too damn quiet when I bought it, now it sounds awesome. I also put in the interior LED's, got a blackout kit for it, etc etc. I have a cam waiting to go in too. I just bought a slightly used U/D pulley for 80$ off the forum, and all said and done, I paid around 500$ for my entire exhaust off corvetteforum used after selling my stock stuff
Old 05-23-2012, 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats on the purchase !!!! Got one upgrade for you to consider if you
don't mind. The guys on the corvette forums swear by the factory Ti axle-
back exhaust for sound and extra light as well. But perhaps consider this
header system..http://shop.huronspeedproducts.com/X...-XSPC5LTHS.htm
Got one on mine and love it.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

congrats one of the best moves was from my 04 GTO to my C5 then to my C5 to my C5Z there awesome cars you wont miss the F body I promise. I DD a Z28 and still love putting miles on my Zo6. I have a B&M ripper short throw, its alittle notchy wouldnt want to DD with it and a Vararam intake. The intake took about 2.5 hours to install, but it wasnt that bad good excuse to drink some beers in the shop. Best of luck and congrats
Old 05-26-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

congrats man, the c5z is my dream car as well but if i were to get one id keep my camaro and have both