General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Sold the car...... Good Times Good Times.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 11:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sold the car...... Good Times Good Times.

Never until now have I not had an F-body in the driveway. I have had 3 from the age 15 to 31. I have been a part of LS1tech before I even had my LS1. I didn't have to sell but it was better for the family. It went to some wonderful people that are die hard Chevy fans and had also once had to sell their sports car. When I get my feet back on the ground I will have another toy even if its a Foxbody with a 5.3 . With that said... one of my favorite moments with the car was converting my good friend from liking Hondas only when I let that Turbo Civic know what some simple bolt ons could do. 8 Years of seriously fun driving that I will remember as the Good Times. Long live the LS, but Chevy, get something out there because that new Coyote is bad.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Good luck & I can soo relate.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:38 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Hope you find your way back to a new toy that you like as much in the future. I'm a long time F-body guy too (I've had at least one or two at all moments since 1997), and I'm not sure that I could ever see a time where I don't have at least one. Although I think the time is coming to part with one of them, making room for a Corvette.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I sold my 2nd one for the family to. But of course you know how that goes...I have another one lol
Old 06-24-2012, 07:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
I sold my 2nd one for the family to. But of course you know how that goes...I have another one lol
So true!

When I got married, my wife had her car and I had a daily driver and a sports car. As time went by, we went down to two cars when we were overseas- and I "reinvested" the money into two cars when I sold the C5 I had. Basically, the Fbody, Vette, or whatever the third car is has always come from those funds. And... since it is paid for outright... it has never been an issue in terms of having the third car.

The space in the garage? Now that is another story. My wife would like to use it as storage for things... like her daily driver.

Build #1... it'll be temporary. You'll get another. We always do...
Old 06-24-2012, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replys. That extra slot in the garage will not be for her junk.lol I guess I will have to keep the my daily driver to keep that from happening.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

I think you will be back in the fold sooner than you think after so many years of ownership. These cars are addictive and it seems other models don't compare. This isn't rational thinking but something I am experiencing after 16 years of ownership (1st F-body was a new '96 Formula). I've owned a few cars over the years including some fine German machines. Look what's still in my garage. The LS1 is the survivor, and I can't imagine being without one.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A car is just a car after all, but it is hard to part with something you've spent so much time and money on, and have some great memories with.

That being said, consider this an excuse to upgrade when you decide to get something again down the road