General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

tuner help

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuner help

First I apologize if a similar thread exsists I couldn't seen to locate one if it did.

So what I've gathered from here is hp tuner is the way to go hands down 2nd to an actual dyno tune, but im not blessed with quite that much money right now so I was wondering what hand held tuners out there are any good, my friend has an sct for his mach 1 mustang and its done wonders for his car but I've called sct and they make a tuner for the ls1 camaro but not for the ls1 trans am I don't think there would be any differences but like I said im short on funds and don't what to waste it on a tuner that wont work, so what is an awesome hand held tuner that works.... sct? Diablo? Ect?

Any help would be appreciated as always
Old 07-10-2012, 04:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you talking about Not having the cash for the program itself? Or the actual dyno tune? Dyno tunes are relatively cheap and the hand held tuners are pretty much lame.

Unless you have heads and cam, I would suggest a mail order tune over a hand held any day. Save the dyno tune when you get serious with mods.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bww3588
Are you talking about Not having the cash for the program itself? Or the actual dyno tune? Dyno tunes are relatively cheap and the hand held tuners are pretty much lame.

Unless you have heads and cam, I would suggest a mail order tune over a hand held any day. Save the dyno tune when you get serious with mods.
What is a "mail order tune"? I've never heard that term before
Old 07-10-2012, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

a mail order tune is when you take the computer out of the car and send it into a place and they put a tune on it based in what you have done and then send it back to you. Check with frost and texas speed and performance i think its usually about $200