General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help me figure out or "solve" my dilema

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me figure out or "solve" my dilema

The car in my sig is my only car atm. As you see it is lsx swapped and I planned on doing a single turbo front mount on it over the winter. I plan on using the car souly for the pure joy of having a 800whp car. I have already put a down deposit on a single turbo front manifold kit made for a fourth gen along with the turbo. I expected to have some fitment issues here and there with maybe too much or not enough piping which is fine. However, after doing a little research I realize that the truck manifolds alone have fitment issued in a third gen. The passenger side is said to barely rub the sub frame while the driver side hits the power steering box. Here is where the dilemma is...

I can either work out these issues by cutting the flanges off and rewelding them to fit somehow or just going with turbo headers which i was hoping I wouldn't have to do.

OR

Keep the third gen how it is for a while and buy a fourth gen 98-02 camaro or trans am and not having any fitment issues. But I really dread on having car payments ( I can afford it, I choose to not have them though).

This is where I'm stuck. Im not looking to hear I should of researched more I just want opinions on what I should do. Is it worth the trouble of messing with the kit in my third gen(which is what i want) or saving the headache and having the car done in a couple of weeks.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:27 PM
11 Second Club

Is the problem just the manifold flanges hitting subframes and pump??
Old 12-09-2012, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

It seems to be it. On the passenger side you have to cut off and straighten then reweld the manifold together and on the driver side if needs to be almost straight. Then you get pleasure of cutting the crossover to fit. If you want, I can get some pictures to kinda show what I mean, not with the manifolds on but the shape and then the trouble spots
Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

I've seen some cut the flanges off the manis and weld V-band flangrs on them. Who is making the kit for you??
Old 12-09-2012, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Huron speed. I got in on the group purchase
Old 12-09-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd post this in the conversions-hybrids section. https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids-28/

Quick Reply: Help me figure out or "solve" my dilema