General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I like LS1GTO.com's rule on Paypal payments

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool I like LS1GTO.com's rule on Paypal payments

13. PAYPAL PAYMENT CHARGES
Per the PayPal End user agreement you may not add a percentage or fee to use PayPal. Price your item accordingly.
Posts that state you will be assessing PayPal fees will be removed/deleted.
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...locale.x=en_US
4.6 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.
Per the PayPal End user agreement, you may not ask for payment as a gift.
4.1 Receiving Personal Payments. If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove your ability to accept Personal Payments.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always give the option to a buyer to either add the fees that paypal charges or send as gift, which ever he feels comfortable with. I've even negotiated splitting the fee, just really depends on how big of transaction has been made. I had a buyer send $600 as a gift for a clutch, but I didn't ask him too. I think they have a good rule though, it would cut down on a lot of the scamming thats been going on around here.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:42 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

First, this isn't the correct section for a post like this.

Second, this topic has come up in the past, and the LS1Tech staff had agreed that we are not compelled to enforce Paypal policies as we are not associated with Paypal and do not assume any responsibility for the payment portion/option used between buyers and sellers. We require that an asking price be listed, but that is the extent of our pricing requirements. Our classified sections are offered on a "use at your own risk" basis, and if you are not comfortable with the terms of a transaction, then feel free to not engage in said transaction. Other sites may choose to handle this differently, as classified section rules tend to vary from site to site.

Quick Reply: I like LS1GTO.com's rule on Paypal payments