General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Should I be at all worried?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I be at all worried?

So I bought my Camaro at 126k miles, bone stock, and it ran really healthy. Seemed like a good excuse to get into the LSX world. I've replaced knock sensors, harness for said sensors, had the tranny completely rebuilt, put in a good GMPP clutch kit, and 4.56's. Not to mention I've gone through the brakes, gaskets, etc. Motor doesn't leak oil, runs great and its coming up on 138k as my DD. Now, I'm on a college student budget, but I'd really like to get this car into the 11's. I've got headers, I'd like to port some 5.3 heads and do valves etc, do an intake, lid, and a really good dyno tune. I can't afford labor to do a cam, and I don't know how adventurous I wanna get trying a cam swap in my apartment complex. Anyway, with just what's listed I figure I can spray it into the 11's. Should I be worried about the high mile motor, healthy as it is, taking to the nitrous? Should I find a junkyard iron block 6.0 and build that instead?

Thanks.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats your budget? After you do cam and heads is it still going to be your DD?
Old 08-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know how soon ill be able to do cam/heads. And it will be driven probably once a week at that point. Figured I'd do all bolt ons, suspension and spray one part at a time. My budget is like 500 a month, so ill obviously have to do a lot if saving and shopping for deals.

Quick Reply: Should I be at all worried?