General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Supercharged LS1 Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Supercharged LS1 Help!

Hey guys my name is Mike. I just bought a 1998 Chevy Camaro z28 6-speed with 70k. The only mods are a Vortec supercharger, kooks headers, short throw shifter, and flowmaster exhaust. Still has the stock airbox.

I just bought eibach lowering springs, new airbox, valves and retainers, and a comp cam (231/235 .617"/.621" 114LSA+3).

Ive noticed that the rear end has a slight leak, the rear main seal has a slight leak, as well as the steering rack. It needs shocks, and a driver side outer tie rod end.

Im wondering the common problems with these cars, especially putting 500rwhp to them, and im wondering what I should do to make the car be able to handle 500rwhp, like rear end tranny and clutch. And any other things you guys could tell me would be great. I want to be at 500rwhp safely.

THANK YOU GUYS!
Old 08-22-2013, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro Build

Hi Mike,

I have a 1999 Camaro SS I have been building; I have the Procharger andKooks headers and with a custom tune Im at 450whp. Swapping engine to 408 stroker with the blower which should put me around 600. 60 lb injectors Fast intake and fuel rails Weisco pistons, Lunati crank and rods, etc etc etc

Before doing this though, you have to address the suspension; new subframe connectors so you dont twist it up. I used SLPs connectors. Then I used all BMR suspension components ie lower control ams, adj torque arm, driveshaft loop and KYB AGX adjustible shocks front and rear stabilzer bars and panhard.

The stock 10 bolt will not hold up to hard launches; went to Moser 12 bolt with 3.73 gears and Eaton posi with upgraded spiders etc. Also weent to chrome moly driveshaft by Strange.

Then address the clutch; blew mine up at 10000 miles; first went to centerforce dual friction but now upgrading that to McCloud.

As you can see this project has gotten out of control but car is awsome. You have a good start but at 500 HP stock items get eaten up fast. Good luck with the build.

Ken

Quick Reply: Supercharged LS1 Help!