General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Need help deciding

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help deciding

Okay this is gonna be a long one. Basically, I want either a c5 vette or an 01/02 ws6 t/a. I've done my research on both of them, I know the vette is more refined, handles better, etc. I know the vette costs more to buy at first, but it's about 30$ a month cheaper to insure than the t/a is. BUT the ta is cheaper to mod.

Here's my situation. I'm 19, so my insure is kind of high either way. However, I'm in the military so I get really good rates on loans and fairly cheap insurance. I've already called the bank and gotten lean estimates and gotten i durance quotes online, so spare me the lecture please. I'm kind of leaning towards the c5, but if something does break it's expensive. I get cheap rates on stuff, but I still won't really have a TON of money sitting around to repair things that go wrong. I would however have more money if I got the t/a. And could make it faster for cheaper. But any input is appreciated really.

Also, if anyone is around the Pensacola, Fl area and is selling a 01/02 t/a, 01/02 ss, or a 01/04 c5 please pm me. It MUST be a Manuel, and please no red or yellow cars. Not a fan of those colors, but to each their own. I know I'm picky, but help me out please!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:51 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,071 Posts

We have a "Vehicles Wanted" section, please use that for specific vehicle requests.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-wanted-112/

As for your debate, if you like the C5 and Trans Am equally, then you might as well get the one that's cheaper. If you prefer one over the other, and can afford either, then get the one you like best.

Considering the age of either vehicle, and the fact that things will occasionally break on cars of that age, I personally wouldn't want a loan on either one. If a loan is something that you must do however, then I would recommend the cheaper car.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Payments and repairs get old real quick. Since you are getting a loan I would get the best car you can afford within your budget.
If you can afford $15,000+ I would get a very low mileage, one or two owner 'stock' F-body that has been maintained well. They still exist if you search hard and the repairs would be extremely minor for many years. That would give you hassle free driving pleasure, and if you want to mod, your hard earned $$ can be used for that purpose instead of paying for the prior owner's abuses.
Best of luck and thanks for your service!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with the vette. Much easier to find one that hasn't been beat on.

Quick Reply: Need help deciding