General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I knew it is a fake :(

Old 01-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I knew it is a fake :(

So I have been having a nagging feeling this car wasnt ws6. It has the hood and the badge but it never had any of the rpo stickers. I bought this trans am with h c I and exhaust for 5k and it had "79k" miles ( carfax a shows 126k last reported freakin goon I knew be was shady) I got a cheap vin checker and this is what I got. http://www.compnine.com/mycar.php?id=ccecd2f58fe87246cbe17f28d63a45a9 so I guess its a fake huh?
Old 01-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Sucks, you buy it from a dealer? What year?
Old 01-05-2014, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most people generally do a carfax before they buy the car. other than being lied too, how does the car run?
Old 01-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

No a private seller and its a 1999
Old 01-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

Well that sucks, but if it didn't have the WS6 RPO code than thats one thing, but if it has had its mileage falsified then thats another thing.

I would definly contact the seller and ask him wtf is up. And if the car is messed up then see aout getting your $ back.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

It was my 2nd car ever I never got a carfax before all I was going on was it had the hood the emblem and it was cammed and I saw the 243 on the heads and it was loud so exhaust too and I was out of a car for a month searching and it was at 5k I just jumpped on it I know its silly but I was so stressed out looking for a car when I got it it came with torquer v2 cam, zo6 intake manifold, slp loudmouth exhaust, 243 heads, hooker headers and in the bottom it has a clutch bleeder and random bars welded on that are painted red that are supposedly for suspension it also came with 315 tires in the back and nice aluminum rims. It was just suoer slow and needed a tune supoosedly so after a tune and a new fuek pump this thing is fast as hell also has a bad clutch I think but man its fast and for 5k im happy the engine is clean as heck main reason I got it no leaks or stains on it but im pissed the guy lied about the miles and it being ws6

Im inlove with the car its the only reason I havent tried to go and contact this guy oh well I guess ill sell the hood and badge and buy a firehawk hood and just say I bought a different hood when I try to sell this thing and I wont claim its ws6 I just learned a big lesson it doesnt matter that car fax is 40 bucks its essential when buying a car
Old 01-05-2014, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still sounds like a good buy..

i would still file charges for the false mileage
it's a felony...
Old 01-05-2014, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
Still sounds like a good buy..

i would still file charges for the false mileage
it's a felony...
yep, you should definitely notify the DMV.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

What will happen if I tell the dmv?

What if I try to do something and he says he got it with the miles lowered
Old 01-06-2014, 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

your story sounds a little off, Is there something you're not telling us?
Old 01-06-2014, 01:10 AM
Staging Lane

Lol what more would you like to know I got had by this guy but I like this car too much to do anything about it if I do decide to sell it in the future I wouldnt wanna say its a ws6 when it isnt
Old 01-06-2014, 01:39 AM
On The Tree

to me your story is off. he told you teh car had 79k miles. then you learned it had 126k miles thats is 47k mileage difference. Thats A LOT OF MILEAGE you gained.

Then your still happy because the car is "fast" and not mad a the guy that was shady to you.??????

Im just very confused if i bought a car and someone lied to me about the milage id be pissed. Don't matter if i spent 1k or 100k on a car id be pissed and back at the guys door and my attorney on the phone.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Misrepresentation of a car means getting money back from the seller in civil court. Get an attorney or do it yourself in small claims court.
If the odometer was tampered with, or the mileage indication sticker removed from the door jamb, it's a felony in most states. Contact DMV immediately. Letting this seller off both civilly and criminally should be a crime in itself. Don't be taken for a sucker.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

I really like this car though but yeah he said it was 79k miles on the odometer its reading 83k atm but someoje car faxed it for me and it has last known miles of 126k but the real mileage is unknown so it could be higher and I already fixed so many things on it the a/ c, rear differential, alignment, fuel pump, battery, exhaust. I dont know I wanna keeo this car but it sucks that this guy lied to me in my face maybe he didnt know the odometer was pushed back?

Also ive had this car for 4 or 5 months now if it were a recent thing and never did anything to it id be calling to get my cash back
Old 01-06-2014, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not gonna mention any names but...there are some @$% on this site with WTB ads for "low mileage clusters". I could be wrong but, why would you need one of those unless you are trying to rip someone off??
Old 01-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

Default Wrong car

The car would sell for $10k with a good title. Is it possible that this car is a composite of more than one car? You got a great deal for your first car out. For $5k, the guy should have been more forthcoming. The price is right.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

I guess imma keep this car but yeah I got ripped of in the mileage part but the car runs like a champ just shady that ppl would go so far as to put 80k mile cluster on a car and sell it he should have left the original miles on it
Old 01-06-2014, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

better check the hidden vin's and make sure you don't have a "pieced" together stolen vehicle...
Old 01-06-2014, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by hardbones
better check the hidden vin's and make sure you don't have a "pieced" together stolen vehicle...
This is good advice. If you don't know where to find the other VINs on the body take it to your local cop shop.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ghardester
This is good advice. If you don't know where to find the other VINs on the body take it to your local cop shop.
if it turns out it is a peiced together theft car it will get impounded and eventually returned to the real owner with whatever equipment/mods were on it when impounded by the police- careful what you ask for you may get it...

also if you find conflicting vins as soon as you start asking questions on any other vins you find that may relate to a stolen car it can send up a lot of red flags - so much data is linked nowadays , fed ,local , who knows nowadays an internet search on a "suspect" vin could bring a knock on the door. I have a friend whos wife works FBI auto fraud she can get more info on any vin than any carfax will show but if I were to give her a vin to run for me and it turns out to be a "flagged" vin She would be forced to follow up on it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I knew it is a fake :(