General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

How to run -8an feed line

Old 02-08-2014, 02:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to run -8an feed line

so I said screw the upp kit, running a -8an as feed line and the stock feed as return, but at the pump where the feed connects, how do I fit the -8an on there where the stock is -6an?
Old 02-08-2014, 07:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would either post this to the external section or look for a local hydraulics/industrial hose business. It is amazing the diversity of fittings that are available. I moved my air conditioning and they made up hoses that look like factory. Not cheep though.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is the company I used.
http://www.fluidline.ca/
Old 02-09-2014, 02:44 PM
TECH Regular

I measured the stock fuel feed line ID, it's the same as a -8 fitting. What I would do is run seamless stainless steel tubing from the front to the back and flex hose at the front and rear. Seamless tubing can be easily bent and flared, tucked up under the car nicely for a lot less money.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

There are plenty of -6 to -8 adapters available at all the usual places.

The problem is, the fuel line is only going to flow as well as the smallest restriction. Adding that bigger line to the stock -6 pick up and pump isn't going to help you that much.

What you can run is an internal pick up that looks something like this; with a -10 pick up, an either a -6 or -8 return.

Then you have to run an external fuel pump of your choice. I like Aeromotive, but there are other good alternatives.

Feed the fuel pump with a -10 line. Since that line is a suction line, you want it to be a little bigger. And then connect the -8 line to the pump.

For the return, you can tun either a -8 or a -6. -6 will be a little bit cheaper. Otherwise the results will be the same.

I have seen aftermarket -8 and -10 pumps and feeds. But they're a lot more expensive. One again, your choice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to run -8an feed line