General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Speed engineering headers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll I installed my speed engineering headers and ory over the weekend. They went in very easily with issues what so ever! Now I have a couple of questions......do I need the tunnel brace to help support the exhaust? My buddy reinstalled after a little beating on it with a hammer but I think it is causing my exhaust to hit the bottom of the car.....will the exhaust support itself? Also I now need to remove all of the air pump and was wondering what size and how many plugs I need and where I can find them? Also one other thing....I installed a p/p throttle body and forgot to reconnect the vacuum hose on the side....realized it the next day.....would that cause a p0101 code? Sorry for the long post I am new to all of this.... Thanks for all the help so far and in the future!!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:00 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Toss that tunnel brace.

If you have a SLP lid and are a 00-02 car, you can get a Metra Molded rubber body plug part number SB 127-D to plug the hole on the driver side of the lid. Otherwise, just check out this thread here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...air-tubes.html

Quick Reply: Speed engineering headers?