General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Pacesetter LT straights?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter LT straights?

Does anyone else have this setup and if so how do you like it?
I did some digging around and found this youtube video of a guy with PSLT's.
It doesn't really sound like the other pacesetters I have heard though.
(LOUD WARNING and skip to 0:45 to skip everything thing but the sound)
Old 06-25-2014, 08:37 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They are going to sound different depending on the catback one uses -- and if one has cats or not. Check out www.ls1sounds.com
Old 06-25-2014, 09:39 AM
Launching!

I'll have to see about getting a vid of mine for you to compare. I'm running pretty much the same setup, Pacesetter OR LTs, and straight pipes over the axle.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BA98TA
I'll have to see about getting a vid of mine for you to compare. I'm running pretty much the same setup, Pacesetter OR LTs, and straight pipes over the axle.
That would be a great help of you did that.
Do you have much drone in the car and do you like the setup?
Old 06-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Launching!

Like a lot of setups, theres drone in low rpm, but the WOT sound is amazing, I'll see what I can do about a vid, chance of rain today so it may be tomorrow before I can get something made up
Old 06-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

Like a lot of setups, theres drone in low rpm, but the WOT sound is amazing, I'll see what I can do about a vid, chance of rain today so it may be tomorrow before I can get something made up
That would be awesome!
Do you have a cam or anything else that would affect the overall sound?
So far mine is stock. Its a 2000 ws6 m6. Plan on buying a mgw short throw next.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Just a few bolt ons through an auto... stock cam/heads ls1 intake etc
Old 06-25-2014, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

Just a few bolt ons through an auto... stock cam/heads ls1 intake etc
Did you get the ones with the air and egr inserts? And did you install them yourself?
I know I'm going to need o2 extensions or corvette o2 wires.
I wasn't sure if I got o2 Sims for the back if it would stop the service engine light from coming on with straights off of a off road y.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cmg393
Did you get the ones with the air and egr inserts? And did you install them yourself?
I know I'm going to need o2 extensions or corvette o2 wires.
I wasn't sure if I got o2 Sims for the back if it would stop the service engine light from coming on with straights off of a off road y.
Nope, bought the Offroad LTs... did the install myself, removed the AIR and EGR crap as well as the AC since it didn't work while I was in there... Lost a pretty nice chunk of weight between removing all the dead weight/the weight difference between the LTs and stock manifolds... Getting the LTs installed was a tight fit, I unbolted the motor off the mounts and lifted the motor a little to increase the space to install the LTs... Don't lift up too much, even a 1/4 inch will make the difference. You don't necessarily need o2 extensions, I just spliced the wires and made them longer. Had a local guy do the tune to remove the codes, if you have a 99-02, you can do that yourself with a handheld if you have one.

I'm pretty happy overall, I connected the two sides with an H pipe. I'll probably have to install some mufflers/cutouts when I install a H/C/I though... I can't imagine how loud its going to be with a cam.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have close to that setup with h/c/i. Its loud but I have a Jeep too so..

Old 06-26-2014, 01:06 AM
Staging Lane

Nope, bought the Offroad LTs... did the install myself, removed the AIR and EGR crap as well as the AC since it didn't work while I was in there... Lost a pretty nice chunk of weight between removing all the dead weight/the weight difference between the LTs and stock manifolds... Getting the LTs installed was a tight fit, I unbolted the motor off the mounts and lifted the motor a little to increase the space to install the LTs... Don't lift up too much, even a 1/4 inch will make the difference. You don't necessarily need o2 extensions, I just spliced the wires and made them longer. Had a local guy do the tune to remove the codes, if you have a 99-02, you can do that yourself with a handheld if you have one.

I'm pretty happy overall, I connected the two sides with an H pipe. I'll probably have to install some mufflers/cutouts when I install a H/C/I though... I can't imagine how loud its going to be with a cam.
About how much was it to tune all of that out? If you don't mind me asking.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by demonspeed
They are going to sound differently depending on the catback one uses -- and if one has cats or not. Check out www.ls1sounds.com
Well in the video he says he has pacesetter lt off roads, no catalytic converter and straight pipes.
So isn't that just like running open headers with it just coming out the back?

Last edited by Cmg393; 06-26-2014 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:49 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by Cmg393
Well in the video he says he has pacesetter lt off roads, no catalytic converter and straight pipes.
So isn't that just like running open headers with it just coming out the back?
Theoretically, yes.

FWIW, I also have PaceSetters with an offroad y-pipe. Last night I removed a flowmaster muffler that the previous owner had installed and replaced it with the TSP Rumbler catback. Flowmaster was simple not loud enough for my tastes.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by demonspeed
Theoretically, yes.

FWIW, I also have PaceSetters with an offroad y-pipe. Last night I removed a flowmaster muffler that the previous owner had installed and replaced it with the TSP Rumbler catback. Flowmaster was simple not loud enough for my tastes.

How do you like the headers?
I thought about wrapping them in heat wrap to lower engine bay heat and help protect the headers from rusting so quickly.
These are the ones I thought about getting http://ebay.com/itm/390722241577?nav=SEARCH
Old 06-26-2014, 10:02 AM
Launching!

Those would be fine if you were wanting to keep your AIR/EGR. I'd definitely consider wrapping them to keep the heat out of the engine bay... I regret not wrapping mine...

I'm not sure if wrapping the headers helps keep them from rusting, but atleast you wouldn't be able to see they are rusting, and looks more clean imo...

A typical tune is around 100-150, it was worth it just to keep it from throwing codes, also got a few more hp, though I can't tell you how much because I didn't have it dyno tuned.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Also, if you want pacesetters, check out ws6store's page. They're a sponsor on here, and I'm sure they'd appreciate the business over ebay. I've used ws6store for several purchases, they are awesome to work with, and ship quickly.

They are also cheaper than the ebay seller you found, and offer free shipping as well.

Heres a link for you to check out their pacesetter line they offer.
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...a&filter_id=81

Last edited by BA98TA; 06-26-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:20 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

I'd honestly be looking at Speed Engineering headers instead. The only thing that PaceSetter has over Speed Engineering (IMO) is that PaceSetter are made in USA. Otherwise, Speed Engineering is a no-brainer. www.speedengineeringlsx.com

That said, there's nothing wrong with PaceSetter. They were the first affordable header on the market (that was a decade ago!) and they fit great -- they're just outclassed dollar-for-dollar these days.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Launching!

I was actually just looking at those. They look nice, how do they flow and where are they made?

I was surprised when you said they weren't made in the USA... I may just keep my pacesetters...
Old 06-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Staging Lane

Also, if you want pacesetters, check out ws6store's page. They're a sponsor on here, and I'm sure they'd appreciate the business over ebay. I've used ws6store for several purchases, they are awesome to work with, and ship quickly.

They are also cheaper than the ebay seller you found, and offer free shipping as well.

Heres a link for you to check out their pacesetter line they offer.
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...a&filter_id=81
Thanks!!
Old 06-26-2014, 11:46 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

I was actually just looking at those. They look nice, how do they flow and where are they made?

I was surprised when you said they weren't made in the USA... I may just keep my pacesetters...
None of the affordable stainless headers are made in the USA -- TSP, eBay, Speed Engineering, etc. -- they all come China.

There's a very active thread in the Gen III externals section which details everything one would need to know about Speed Engineering's LT: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...available.html

Quick Reply: Pacesetter LT straights?