General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Shipping a car across the country

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Shipping a car across the country

who here has shipped a car before? who did you use?

im looking for a company that actually ships the cars themselves and not one thats just a broker between you and an independent shipper

the car will be going from California to Maine
Old 05-23-2015, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

There should be no shortage of threads on this site with information on shippers. The one below has some good threads.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=28761945

When I shipped twice in enclosed trailers (1000 and 2000 miles) I didn't want to pay the top dollar Horseless Carriage was asking. I ended up going with Reliable Carriers and Advanced on my two moves. They were quite a few years back though. My only complaints were that both moves resulted in their tie down "J" hooks ripping up the factory holes in the frame. I was compensated for $100-$200 or so in each case for weld repairs. That would still be a concern to me today if I were planning a move. Like NCO1TA has stated before, you get what you pay for with shippers.

When I was considering a car move 2 years ago I got some pricing from brokers. And those guys bothered me every day for weeks. The calls and emails didn't stop coming for a couple of months. Constantly getting calls that a truck was coming to my area shortly and I needed to commit now to save money. Never did the move. But next time around I won't make the same mistake of calling these brokers.

Last edited by Firebrian; 05-23-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:19 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I called Angels Moving Autos (sponsor on here) and got a quote. They're brokers but work with select shippers, not just any Joe Schmoe. I didn't end up buying the car, and so didn't use their service, but they never bothered me with calls or emails.

Quick Reply: Shipping a car across the country