General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Why does my camaro have 2 low trac lights? Whats GM's purpose for this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Why does my camaro have 2 low trac lights? Whats GM's purpose for this?

Same as in signature car is 1998 Camaro Z28 MM6.

I am getting a custom overlay made so need this to be correct. My car has 2 low trac lights on the stock original overlay.

There is one by the other dummy lights, then there is one that always comes on when spinning 1st to 2nd or down shifting, right in almost the same exact location as the skip shift light.

The one in the lower right hand corner by the skip shift light is not visible like the other dummy lights when car is off in day light or at night if you shine a light on it's location. It's hidden per say almost as if it's under the skip shift light, if not really close to it, it is there.

I had my skip shift light tuned out years ago, I'm just confused why there is 2 low trac lights on my stock original overlay?

RPM WS6 you have a 1998 Z28 any thoughts on this?

Last edited by TX98Z28; 02-23-2016 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Adding more information
Old 02-24-2016, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Seriously guys, whats the need for GM to put 2 low trac lights? Is one for the front tires and the other for the rears?

The only one I believe that comes on is the hidden one in the bottom right corner. The other one I've never seen come on ever.

I need to know if this is specific to 1998 camaros, just like the metal gas tank is that the 99-02 camaros didn't come with.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

Take a pic bc it should only be TCS OFF and LOW TRAC on the left side of the cluster.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by N20zuki
Take a pic bc it should only be TCS OFF and LOW TRAC on the left side of the cluster.
Its got both of those on the left.

Going to be hard to take a pic or video while driving, my cars a stick. I have to put the passenger seat back in to get it inspected (whole interior is out except for driver seat and dash area) but could get someone to ride with me when I slam it into 2nd to spin to get it to light up.

I assure you it is there, thinking it's a 98 thing as the gauge cluster is not exactly the same as 99-02, odometer lighting is different, coolant light takes a bulb etc.

Quick Reply: Why does my camaro have 2 low trac lights? Whats GM's purpose for this?