General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

SLP under drive pulley removal

Old 03-09-2016, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP under drive pulley removal

I just installed a new cam, valve springs, ported LS6 oil pump, LS2 timing chain and SLP under drive pulley. When I installed the oil pump I reused the old o ring ( I know how stupid that was). Now I am trying to remove the under drive pulley to install the new o ring. I tried using a 3 arm pulley puller with no luck then I read I needed a 3 bolt pulley puller so I went to autozone and rented one. Now while screwing one of the bolts in it broke off in my pulley and another one bent after I tightened it and tried to remove it. Now I cant get the pulley off. I have tried using an easy out to remove the broken bolt but haven't tried very much. is there another way to get the pulley off?
Old 03-09-2016, 06:49 PM
12 Second Club

Where in Va are you? I've always used three arm pullers.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Southwest Va. Near the Kentucky, West Virginia line. I tried that but it was like the puller got in and or something and was hard to turn.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:10 PM
TECH Regular

I had to remove my Powerbond, (same pulley from what I've read) and I had to use the 3 bolt one that looks like a steering wheel puller. It wasn't very easy. I had to turn it with my 18" breaker bar until it wouldn't move any farther. Then I would take the socket off the breaker bar, put it on the end of the stud of the puller and smack the socket a few times with a mini-sledge hammer. After that I could get a few more turns and I would have to repeat the process again. I did that until I finally got it off, not a fun job.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SLP under drive pulley removal