General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

3 different clutches 2 slaves and still slipping

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 different clutches 2 slaves and still slipping

I installed a stock replacement clutch about a year ago with new flywheel, pp, tob, clutch dish, slave, and pilot bearing. Only slipped one time at the track on slicks hot lapping it. So about 4 months ago it starts slipping on street tires. So I think the clutch is just bad. So I buy a monster stage 3, pull the trans and the clutch looks perfectly fine. So i still put in the monster stage 3 complete kit with everything. After break in it slipped. Then bought a spec stage 1 and now after brake in it slips. I have used two different slaves also. The clutch basically slips no matter what at wot. I have bled the clutch many times. I measure for clearance and didn't need a shim. Which would only make it worse. And also everytime I put the trans back in the tob is literally touching the pp fingers when the bellhousing still has about half a inch till the trans touches the bellhousing. I litterally have to slowly bolt it back up every time. With my stock replacement clutch that never happened. And I dropped the trans about 10 times now and only has done this with aftermarket cluch. So basically what I'm saying is somehow some way the tob is putting pressure on the fingers and causing the clutch to not fully engage.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Each time you removed the clutch disc, was the surface glazed or heat warped? Is it possible that your rear diff is slipping?
Old 02-21-2018, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch slip

im having a similar issue, car has a spec stage 3 clutch and billet flywheel, texas speed slave cylinder/tob, and a mcloud/wilwood master cylinder. the clutch has about five thousands street miles on it and a couple days ago ot started slipping a bit in fifth and sixth gear. i bled the master and it got better for a day, but then started slipping in every gear. i pulled the trans out and everything looks fine, car has not been raced with this clutch/setup. any help!?!?

Quick Reply: 3 different clutches 2 slaves and still slipping