General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Props to EFI Source

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Props to EFI Source

Well just a short story long.

I wanted to give you guys a heads up on EFI Source. I bought an unused MS3 Gold box with harness from another member here this week. I have never used anything except stock ECU's and to be honest, I know squat about tuning or aftermarket boxes like Megasuirts. I've been looking at them for a while now, but couldn't pull that trigger just yet. But this was a smoking deal and I bought it. I was worried about getting my truck running without doing damage to the engine since I don't know crap about tuning my own stuff " yet ". So I did some checking around and found people that "might" be able to help me out with something. They said they could anyway.

So I sent an email to EFI Source last night since this is who sells this control box. I didn't expect a lot from this since I didn't buy it direct from them. I would have been happy with just some good advise. I got an email, last night which was pretty astonishing in itself. So a good start. I was asking about base tunes they might have. Mike, said sure, the box comes with a base tune for the NA engine. I replied back this am that mine was a turbo setup and listed all the parts on it. Mike replied within minutes with, sure we can help out, we have all kinds of tunes on a thumb drive, that he could send me whatever I wanted. So, since I have no clue to what I am doing and or how long this build might take, I didn't know what to ask for. So,,, Mike had me send him my address and he is sending the complete drive to me so I can use whatever I want, when I want it. With full instructions on how to do it. FREE. I even offered to pay for this info or at least the mailing of it. Nope, its free. I am absolutely shocked about this service. I didn't even buy it new from him. But he stated he is a small business and is able to offer this kind of service to anyone in need. I love this guy and his business already.

Bottom line. Mike and EFI Source is awesome to deal with. If you ever need anything new, or just some advise, Mike can help you out. I'll be buying some wiring parts and connectors this next week once I figure out what I really need. He has earned my business. This is the least I can do to help him.

Thanks Mike for the great service. I'll be talking to you again very soon.

Johnny L.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is great. Im planning on going ms3gold and this is good to know!
Old 06-29-2016, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still working on my truck but they have helped me along the way so far. And that's been great.

Quick Reply: Props to EFI Source