General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Anyone with info on passenger occupancy sensor for 4th gen F-bodies?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 11:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone with info on passenger occupancy sensor for 4th gen F-bodies?

Years and years ago I changed out my seats in my '98 TA for some Corbeau's and have had an airbag light on ever since. I sold the originals around the same time so I can't pull parts out of them. I'd like to get the occupant sensor back into the seat, but I can't find a GM part number, a picture or anything. I've checked a few junkyards and they don't even have an idea what to look for lol. Has anyone come across any info over the years on what/where I should be looking? It'd be really appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-27-2016, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swapped racing seats into my 98 Z28 and didn't experience anything unusual. There isn't anything in the factory seats that tell the car if someone is occupying the seat or not. I got the airbag light to come on when I swapped my wheel for a Momo, but some wire and a resistor and no more Light!

I'd look elsewhere for the source of your air bag light. Start by checking the 15A fuse in the fuse panel. Good luck.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

x2. There was no sensor in these cars. Both air bags come out whether or not someone is sitting there. First hand experience here.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks both of you. I thought there might have been a pressure pad or something. I did light weight carpet at the same time and figured I'd buried the plug. This makes more sense. I'll have my friend check it with his tech2.

Quick Reply: Anyone with info on passenger occupancy sensor for 4th gen F-bodies?