General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Aftermarket Parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 12:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Aftermarket Parts

Does anyone else have problems getting aftermarket parts that actually fit what you ordered them for??
I would think engine parts should always be double checked before shipping, but that's not the case in my experience lately.
I ordered LS7 "replacement" lifters (thought was GM), not so. I opened 4, oiled them. and put them in the plastic holders and attempted to put in the block. No go. Tried inserting them one at a time. Three were so tight that I had turn with pliers, the 4th would not fit into any lifter bore. I had a set of std GM lifters, they fit and so did Morel lifters. How can somebody send out crap like that???
I ordered a set of custom pistons with -10cc domes, received the new pistons with -29 domes. 2 different guys signed off on the tech sheet. Doesn't anybody read the order sheet against what they build?
And when you want to send this stuff back, they act like it is such a big problem for THEM !!
And then there are the guys that spec cams that do the exact opposite of what you wanted. I can't believe that I typed all of this without one curse word.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Who did you order from?
Old 09-07-2016, 03:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Who did you order from?
I'm curious too. That seems like a whole lot of F up for one place to do.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what you mean, its gotten so bad some times that I've almost decided to just stop working on my car because even some of the more established sellers have screwed up, or just not shipped parts of orders and getting them to fix it has been a chore. I remember buying a t56 quicktime bellhousing off a sponser and they sent me a mustang version, after many pictures and sending the thing back I never did receive the proper one. Its even worse when they drop ship items they don't actually carry in stock.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Deeohgie69
I'm curious too. That seems like a whole lot of F up for one place to do.
It wasn't just one place. The screw ups have gotten so bad, I had to vent about it. And another thing---places that claim 100% made in the US, and you receive the part and it is 99% made in China, and they charge 3 times what it would have cost from another truthful supplier. Those are the worst.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Parts