General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

7 Foreign Cars with General Motors LS Powerplants

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 04:33 PM
LS1Tech Editor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 7 Foreign Cars with General Motors LS Powerplants

7 Foreign Cars with General Motors LS Powerplants
By Bryan Wood

Old 02-02-2017, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

God i hope you are not getting paid for spamming ls1tech like its buzzfeed or something...
Old 02-02-2017, 08:18 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I've tried to get the brakes applied to this trend to no avail so far ...
Old 02-03-2017, 04:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a revenue-generating exercise. More content=more traffic=higher prices for ad space on the forum. Let's face it, this forum is a business now just like every other large forum on the internet. It's not going to change.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 8.Lug
It's a revenue-generating exercise. More content=more traffic=higher prices for ad space on the forum. Let's face it, this forum is a business now just like every other large forum on the internet. It's not going to change.
Problem is when I see mindless, effortless, and pointless things like this it makes me not want to join that forum. Like "ugh, this place has this shitty spam too? great...."
More brainless hipster ****/spam= less members= less money.
Try posting cool builds or something actually interesting thats worth reading, without the buzzfeed copy/paste style of "[# of things] that [insert something]!" So freaking played out and lame, if I were a writer I would ashamed to have articles like that...
Old 02-03-2017, 09:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

The Mustang forum I frequent also has the same exact postings. only applied to Ford stuff. I should go look and see if the words "5.0 Ford" have been substituted.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:35 PM
LS1Tech Editor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

If you think you can write a better article, by all means email Internet Brands with your resume and some writing samples. We are always looking for creative people with a passion for the topic the forum covers to write content. Lacking that we have a team of writers with lots of general automotive knowledge.

I personally wrote that piece, and though I know the Maloo and the Vauxhall were softballs that most people know about, you can't tell me you knew of the Elfin or the Korres.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Dang and I was beginning to think you were a bot.
I have no interest in being a writer for IB, especially if I have to write like im writing a hipster buzzfeed article like "# of things that do things"
Simply changing the title to something like "Some aussie and european cars you might not have known had an LS engine" would make it sound like a legit article that isn't written by a 20 year old hipster kid.
Only one I didn't know about was the Korres, Ive known about the Elfin for years.
If I wanted to read some actual good automotive articles ill go to http://www.enginelabs.com/, you wont find any buzzfeed lists, only actual real articles that involve the writers to do actual work outside of google searching things.

Quick Reply: 7 Foreign Cars with General Motors LS Powerplants