General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

got pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got pulled over

today i was driving home from my friends cottage. i was goin 94 in a 55. right as i pass a hill there is a tan cop car sitting on the side of the road. i slammed on my brakes. i didnt think it would chase me because it took forever for it to turn around. it was girl state trooper. she was nicer. she didnt give me reckless driving thankfully . how much am i going to pay for the ticket in michigan? can anything happen to my licence because i just turned 16 2 months ago. can i pay the ticket with out my parents finding out.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

no man they are gonna find out cause it will show up on ur insurance and ur insurance is going to go up, prolly way up, so just own up to it and i hope that they let u keep the car.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Your history little man.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Say good bye to your car. You're lucky you didn't go to jail. You can take defensive driving after you plead guilty for the ticket and ask for deffered ajudication. They usually give a first time traffic offender some slack. Basically, the court will give you 6 months to prove them you're a good citizen, you'll abide the law and will not break them again... "ANY" traffic violation. This should take care of your insurance woes. If you do happen to get another one w/ in 6 months, its time for you to get a SLOWER car.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

There goes all your fun dude, thats pushing your luck at that age. How long ago did you get your license. Its because of people like you that the insurance rates are out the *** for us young guys driving F-bodies. I hope you have lots of money to pay for your little thrill and you need to slow the hell done at your age or you won't be driving very long (or living for that matter).
Old 07-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Teching In

i know i need to slow down. the funny part is on the way there i hit 125 on the same road.lol
Old 07-23-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sorry to put it this way bro, but that was ignorant. I'm not saying you're dumb, but 125 anywhere but a controlled environment at 16 is not thinking. At those speeds, you can't control what other drivers do and you don't have the experience to avoid an accident. If you get out of this one without insurance skyrocketing and you still have your car; count your blessings, slow the hell down, and start from scratch.

P.S. Thank you for helping to make my liability insurance cost me (19) 145 dollars a month.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

Damn you ever hear of goin the speed limit?? i mean i have my share of fun but i do it on the highway or the track where there is alot of room, even though the highway isnt the safest environment its better than a two lane road. slow down= live longer and keep car longer.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man, you messed up, end of story. Don't listen to anybody that tries to flame you, because we've all looked down and sped at some point. Was it smart...no, but it was your decision, now you've just got to live with it.

Best bet is to be honest with your parents and tell them what happened now before it gets too far. Its probably gonna suck and you might not be able to drive for a while, but you might as well get it out of the way now.

Good luck.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:32 PM
12 Second Club

Yep insurance rates are gonna leave teeth marks on your *****...
Old 07-23-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

yea, you're finished kid...you'll be lucky to have your license again before you turn 18
Old 07-23-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

Hey man get a lawyer its what i did when i got my wreckless at 18 they may get it all dropped or you may have to pay the fine and not have it on your record. And then invest in a Fuzz Buster aka radar detector. And SLOW DOWN!!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

hopefully you can just go to traffic school and get court supervision
Old 07-23-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

oh, and being a minor, your parents have to be present in court.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Won't touch your insurance until its time to renew, or your policy expires. See if you can work something out with the judge.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe the 17 year old that wants to convince his parents to by him a LS1, needs to read this thread and learn something?
Old 07-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TArider
today i was driving home from my friends cottage. i was goin 94 in a 55. right as i pass a hill there is a tan cop car sitting on the side of the road. i slammed on my brakes. i didnt think it would chase me because it took forever for it to turn around. it was girl state trooper. she was nicer. she didnt give me reckless driving thankfully . how much am i going to pay for the ticket in michigan? can anything happen to my licence because i just turned 16 2 months ago. can i pay the ticket with out my parents finding out.
You have a lot of growing up to do. Hopefully we won't read later on how you slamed into a tree or a pole going 130mph. What were you're parents thinking getting you a LS1???
Old 07-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jcopelan
I'm sorry to put it this way bro, but that was ignorant. I'm not saying you're dumb, but 125 anywhere but a controlled environment at 16 is not thinking. At those speeds, you can't control what other drivers do and you don't have the experience to avoid an accident. If you get out of this one without insurance skyrocketing and you still have your car; count your blessings, slow the hell down, and start from scratch.

P.S. Thank you for helping to make my liability insurance cost me (19) 145 dollars a month.
Are you gay?
Old 07-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Launching!

I want to call every kid's parents and give them the service announcement to not buy their kid an LS1. It's true, everyone speeds, but 94 in a 55? And the part that makes it bad is that you said that there was a cop on the other side of the hill..... If you couldn't see the cop, how the hell did you know there wasn't a broke down car sittin' in the road? I'm sure you learned a lesson, but man... I hope the judge drops the fine and just puts a 6 cylinder in the car.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DRSITES
I want to call every kid's parents and give them the service announcement to not buy their kid an LS1.
Do you want my fathers cell phone number to prove yourself wrong? Not everyone is this immature with there LS1. I love my car and would never do something that stupid just to get everything i've worked for taken away. I've never been pulled over and I would like to keep it that way. Also to the thread starter you really need to slow down. I can understand wanting to go fast but 95 in a 55?

Quick Reply: got pulled over