General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Looking at building a LSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 11:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Default Looking at building a LSX

I am looking at building a 6.0 LQ9 up into something nuts. Anyone have a decent procedure for the build of a LSX motor? I can do a LT1 no problem, but have had no experience with the LSX's. I might end up getting the complete motor, tearing it apart, and putting it together with my stuff in it. If I do that, I am good, but it's nice to have a way to do it incase I can't get a good deal on one.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you seen the new LSX block from GMPP? might i suggest waiting a few months for a new crate motor from GMPP that will utilize that block which will prolly be stronger than anything else as of now...and it prolly won't be too outrageously priced...
Old 12-10-2006, 12:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

I would like to build it, it's more fun..
Old 12-10-2006, 12:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Basic engine fundementals apply to the LSX, but there are some unique procedures and tools require to build one correctly.The magazine GMHTP just finished a series on building a LSX stroker from tear down to finish. It was well written and had good information and offered some good tips (along with the correct tools required). If you are serious I would recommend buying the GM service manual. Spendy but worth it and covers every aspect of the process. I would also contact some sponsors here or a local engine builder with LSX experience who can give you some additional insight.