General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Wow nice, I found a hidden cupholder!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found the passenger cup holder after only 8 months.....It's been 3 years and I still havn't seen the spare tire though.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
****, I've been on this site for over 5 years and even with my 9300+ posts, my daily average still isn't as high as yours.

At least Choco contributes useful stuff regularly. There are some newer guys on this site that have a similar amount of time here as him with similar post counts, but much of what they post is either general junk or misleading/often incorrect info.
you know i like you, right? you're one of my top 10 favorite tech regulars
Originally Posted by delinquent543
theres one under the steering wheel?? if it werent so cold outside id go look..
i just wanted to see how long it would take for someone to notice this there could be, but hell if i've ever noticed it i was hoping someone would come on and say "hey, there's no secret compartment under my steering wheel. did i get a dud?"
Old 01-25-2007, 06:06 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
you know i like you, right? you're one of my top 10 favorite tech regulars
Right back at ya man!

BTW, since this thread is pretty off topic anyway, might as well put some tech stuff in it. How's your shifting issue now? Continuing to improve with more miles on the new driveshaft?
Old 01-25-2007, 07:11 PM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know i like you, right?

j/k
Old 01-25-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've owned 3 different 4th gen F-bodies over the last 8+ years, and they all had a see-thru glass roof. I just discovered 3 weeks ago that these glass panels actually come off!!!!! Did anyone else know about this?!?! Damn GM really pulled the wool over my eyes on this one!

thats a good one.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Resident

Right back at ya man!

BTW, since this thread is pretty off topic anyway, might as well put some tech stuff in it. How's your shifting issue now? Continuing to improve with more miles on the new driveshaft?
actually, yea. it feels a lot better. sometimes it shifts softer than others, but it always does that. some days it just shifts better than others, but that's nothing new i think the driveshaft either needed be broken in a bit around the yoke, or perhaps it wasn't "sitting right" and needed to "settle". i mean, this sucker was a lot tighter than the stock one.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:06 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

actually, yea. it feels a lot better. sometimes it shifts softer than others, but it always does that. some days it just shifts better than others, but that's nothing new i think the driveshaft either needed be broken in a bit around the yoke, or perhaps it wasn't "sitting right" and needed to "settle". i mean, this sucker was a lot tighter than the stock one.
Good to hear. All things considered I think it's probably fine.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:28 PM
10 Second Club

The camaro has 4 cup holders and the Grand Cherokee has 2. Shouldn't this be the other way around?

I use the hidden one for drinks when i am on lunch break and the rear ones for plastic bottles when I am out driving.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol @ this thread...
Old 01-26-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by purdueranger
The camaro has 4 cup holders and the Grand Cherokee has 2. Shouldn't this be the other way around?

I use the hidden one for drinks when i am on lunch break and the rear ones for plastic bottles when I am out driving.
Haha what year is your grand cherokee??? They have hidden ones in the back as well They slide out of the console lid...and when out will lock the console lid so you dont accidently spill the drinks....

I know about my "secret" cup holder because my console is in an 87 TA...so I saw it while installing the console

Justin
Old 01-26-2007, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok i think i have the best one, i was looking all over the roof for to turn on the overhead light, took me forever to figure the lights were attached to the rear view mirror.

also thought i was missing a button for the hazzard lights, no idea u had to pull the damn thing, all previous cars had the red button

and last but not least i had no idea my headrests were adjustuable (up and down)

2001 TRANS AM WS.6

Last edited by ICEMAN 31; 01-26-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:10 AM
TECH Addict

OMG guys you will never guess what I found on my camaro.... I pulled a secret latch under the drivers side panel and I heard a "pop" from the front of my car... So I walked in front of my car found a HIDDEN latch and the hood came up and I found a secret LS1 hidden under my hood
Old 01-26-2007, 01:14 AM
TECH Resident

i just wanted to see how long it would take for someone to notice this there could be, but hell if i've ever noticed it i was hoping someone would come on and say "hey, there's no secret compartment under my steering wheel. did i get a dud?"
that just made my night
Old 01-26-2007, 05:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
OMG guys you will never guess what I found on my camaro.... I pulled a secret latch under the drivers side panel and I heard a "pop" from the front of my car... So I walked in front of my car found a HIDDEN latch and the hood came up and I found a secret LS1 hidden under my hood
Let me guess, you bought your car for the secret cup holder and didn't really care if it had a motor so never noticed...
Old 01-26-2007, 06:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shooter_Jay
Ok, so I remember noticing it in a t/a interior pic a long time ago, but assumed my camaro didn't have it, and I hate "the" factory cupholder in the console because it's useless since you all know, htat's where your arm goes. So anyway, I was thinking, yeah on a t/a they have a cupholder tucked away under the radio passenger side there, why don't I have one. So I looked closer and BAM! I do have it! It's sweet. It's invisible until you swing it out then you have a reliable and usable place for your beverage. SWEET! Anybody else oblivious about this? I drove my car 40k miles and finally found it ha!
Your not the only one, took me about a year, never knew it was there, I thought the circle bit where it pivots was a spare *** lighter which has been covered up as an optioal extra. It was only when I first cleaned the interior of my car after a year I found it.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you all know about the secret smuggling compartment in the rear hatch? If you lift that pane off and take out the tire, you can fit all kinds of stuff in there. You might be able to fit a short shotgun or rifle in there and cover it up with the panel, or hide your drugs back there.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AronZ28
Did you all know about the secret smuggling compartment in the rear hatch? If you lift that pane off and take out the tire, you can fit all kinds of stuff in there. You might be able to fit a short shotgun or rifle in there and cover it up with the panel, or hide your drugs back there.
Funny you should say that. When I brought the car to England, I thought I'd get a good coat of underseal under the car ready for the damp weather, they found a square that was cut out of the rear wheel arch passenger side and spot welded back in. We thought it was some hidden access hatch for drugs or something. Have no records on the car, it was probably stolen or something.... Have filled in the hole now, but was a pretty neat hiding place.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sundaydriver
I found the passenger cup holder after only 8 months.....It's been 3 years and I still havn't seen the spare tire though.
I found it...under some less than pleasant circumstances (swapping out a tire that had the nerve to explode when I was doing 70 on the expressway )

I also found the passenger side cupholder. I think I found it purely out of frustration with the console cupholder! Anyone else ever try and drive the 6 speed with a large McD's cup in the cupholder??
Old 01-26-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BananaHead
I also found the passenger side cupholder. I think I found it purely out of frustration with the console cupholder! Anyone else ever try and drive the 6 speed with a large McD's cup in the cupholder??
Yep, its differcult to drive the 6 speed with a large McD's there, perhaps put the McD's in one of the back two and run a long straw.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Since we are talking about secret compartments (I found the cupholder a couple days after buying my car), my old '93 Nissan Sentra had a secret drawer under the passenger's seat. I could put CD's, the radio's faceplate, books, all sorts of stuff in there. Best. Feature. Ever.

Quick Reply: Wow nice, I found a hidden cupholder!