General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

00 t/a All Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 t/a All Advice Needed

I wouldn't typically even consider a car like this but it does have a few things going for it. First is the price, althought does anyone know about how much it would cost to ge back into working order? The title is free and clear which obviously means it has no salvage title since the airbags didn't deploy so...what does everyone think? Or is this a semi-too good to be true deal. Like would I be getting myself into a bad thing from the beginning? Here's the car
Old 02-13-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, I have nothing against getting a fixer upper and spending what you have saved on the cost on fixing it. That being said... the cost does not make up for the damage. Assuming this does not show up on carfax, and you don't plan on selling the car away in the future, it still would not pay. Figure what you'll spend on the parts and a good paint job, a conservative guess would be about $2000. I am sure you can find the car near that price range. (not exactly right there though.) Just keep looking. Now if you want a learning experience (hands on with body work) then I'm all for that.

edit: BTW I am not sure you know exactly what salvage means (unless its different in MD). But in most states it means that damage reported on a single claim reached a certain limit (% of cars value) and the total value had to be issued to the owner. So as far as the airbags go, that has nothing to do with the title status, though it is nice.

Last edited by thingthatgoes; 02-13-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

too much $$$$ for all that work, look around some more, and good luck
Old 02-13-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02silvaZ
too much $$$$ for all that work, look around some more, and good luck
yeah I guess that's the bottom line
Old 02-13-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if the radiator support wasnt pushed back so far then maybe.... that being said I would have to say no.... it looks like you could need new radiator and support, fans, ac condenser, and god only know what it messed up.... thats with out any cosmetic so ill say not unless you can do the work on your own
Old 02-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Make a lowball offer and see what happens. Be sure to leave your contact information b/c I'll bet he'll be calling when it doesn't sell for what he wants.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I kind of figured this would be the situation and I do agree, just thought I'd throw this idea out there. It would be a cool project if I could get it for a few grand less, but you're probably right that it'll be too much work. Any other thoughts..besides keep on looking?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

offer him like 4500... he'll probably say no but when he doesnt sell it i bet you get a call back like stated above