General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

corvettes overated and fbodies underated article

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmaknaSS
My F bod has fake leather seats, fake leather interior doors, fake leather wrapped steering wheel, etc. What is so hideous about that?! I like the interior (although it is cheap) and looks in my SS.

fixed your post. f-body's have some of the worst interiors for a car in their price range. (talking 4th gen) id take a vet over f body any day
Old 02-19-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSfast1
fixed your post. f-body's have some of the worst interiors for a car in their price range. (talking 4th gen) id take a vet over f body any day

Oh no you din'unt...

...oh yes he did!!!

I can't believe it, you are a traitor!

You sold a TA for a VOLKSWAGON!!!!!

BTW I loved my Z28 for the world but my Scion xB has a better fitting interior, though the Z28's driver seat is much more comfortable to drive in.

The materials are the same quality and whatnot it is just how they are formed and fitted. The F-Bodies paint is a lot stronger and better applied than my lunchbox lookin' xB.

The fake steering wheel in my Z28 was sooooOOOO much nicer feeling than the steering wheel in my xB and I liked the feel of it more than the wheel in my Z06.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You've seen F-bodies blow vettes off the street? Cool... I see Hondas blow ******* Vipers off of the street. Who cares?

You raced someone and beat them because they were afraid to scratch their car? That makes ZERO sense

Who paid 60k for a Vette? Either they got ripped or you're an idiot. Who's still paying 30k for a 98 vette? You can pick them up all day for less than 20k w/o even looking hard.

Why would you even brag about your car being lighter than a Vette... Who cares. I'm curious to know what you did to lose about 350 lbs.

Originally Posted by thosewhohatedmecreat
Corvettes are amazing veicles, but so are the fbodies, ive seen fbodies blow corvettes off the street, hell, bone stock id take on corvettes in my old convertable 1995 z28 and guess who won? me. we were neck and neck really, but he was too afraid to scratch his car, i paid 6k for mine, he paid 60k for his, and we both had about the same power... tahts one thing that the fbodies have that the corvettes will never have, way more bang for the buck. 1998 camaro - 10k. 1998 vette- 30k engine? ls1. tranny? t56. also, to you vette owners out there with your stock vettes sayin they are faster cuz they are lighter, come and weigh up against my 98 z. i promise im lighter

but dont get me wrong, i respect vettes, they are cehvy made, they are the brother of the camaro and ta, lets not be dissing each others cars here comparing them, we know the corvette is overall a better car, thats what you pay for! i just cant afford a vette, so i got the next best thing, a camaro! its fun as hell! my friends camaro is getting modded to have 1200 hp, he has the money to buy a vette and do that, but he likes camaros handling better than a vettes, having driven everything froma 1969 camaro to a 2006 z06, its a hard call. i love vettes, and camaros... ugh. im happy with my camaro though, till i get $$ to get a vette, im gonna smoke stangs and ricers with my camaro, most people in hawaii dont know wtf a camaro is, they see my car and are like wtf that thing looks badass, everyone knows what a vette is there, i kinda like that element, ricers dont know what they are up against, stang owners dont know, its great..
Old 02-20-2007, 07:31 PM
TECH Addict

I agree with PowerShift. your sig quote FTW.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
I agree with PowerShift. your sig quote FTW.
Haha I had to put it in the sig man, it's so funny, yet so true.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

F-bodies always have a much higher chance of being more moddified than a Corvette. Why?

I'll tell ya why, their parts are half the price, they don't have to worry about raping their IRS, and you can utterly thrash the car and put it back together in one weekend.

I mean I took out the ENTIRE interior of my Z28 and put it ALL back together in one-and-a-half days. That is track sesson friendly if you ask me. They come apart like legos which is perfect for a radical build.

You can slap on a 9 in, tub it, put an adjustable set of shocks onto her, take off the front sway bar, run a 250 shot of nitrous, a 4200 RPM stall and have fun all day at the strip.

Then...

You can put that sway-bar back on, put your handling wheels back on, and then take'er to track the next day.

All of that is fairly cheap for a pretty crazy build compared to a Corvette.

The Corvette just can't take the abuse because replacement parts are double the price (I'm talking IRS here people).

At the same time though the Corvette will rape a F-Body on the track build for build price for price while it still has a stock interior and nothing but a set of Bilstein's and some used Z06 sway-bars.

Both cars are equally fun in the end though, hands down they both are worth every penny compared to a POS Celica. I mean even a Miata is loads of fun if you race in your own class.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LSWON_WS6
wow...i think ive made up my mind, i want my black ws6 back! those pics were amazing! anyone wanna buy my vette haha! Im in complete nirvana; speechless
From another post, but, same reason I got rid of my 'vette a few years back ... want my bird back and I got 'er. Corvette's are most of what everyone says ... just personal, preference for me.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:02 PM
12 Second Club

thin about it is people who dont know are pretty surprised to see an f-body beat a vette, ever...while if you beat an f-body with your vette, you arent impressing anybody...