General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Need some legal advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some legal advice

I'm not sure where to post this so mods feel free to move this. I recieved a MIP (minor is possession) last night and have some questions. Yes, I'm 17.

The story... I was in my garage had a few friends over I was drinking (shame, shame)... Well, everyone left but a buddy of mine. WE hadn't had any beer in over an hour. Just sitting there shooting the bull. When, apparently someones parents called us in, we weren't being loud or anything. Cops show up and my Dad let them in (why!!). They come out there and talk to us and make us both take a breathalizer and ask me where I got the alcohol etc.. I don't rat people out. They wouldn't show me what I got on the test but I saw my friend pass it with 0. I know when I took it they said that can't be right its too low or something along those lines, but they wouldn't show me it. They know my Dad didn't buy the alcohol and my Dad said he didn't know we were drinking. I thought he knew, since we do it every once in a while.

So, then the cops tell me I'm getting a MIP, when I don't have any alcohol on me or anywhere in site. Then they don't even give me a ticket, and says it will be in the mail. I thought it was legal to drink in your own home? Is what they did legal? Should I get a lawyer?

I know teen drinking is bad. But, I'm sure most members of the forum did it when they were in high school too. I thought I was doing the safe thing and drinking at home.

Also, I'd like to keep this post serious if possible. Just looking for some serious advice other than not to drink. I don't drink often just on occaision and I can't believe if I were ever to get bsuted it would be in my own home. I've had some friends get MIP's, etc... but never in a situation close to mine.

Thanks,

Kyle
Old 02-17-2007, 01:22 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

This belongs on SSU.