General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Well the LS1 got me out of a ticket last nite :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Well the LS1 got me out of a ticket last nite :)

Well i was following these girls back to there house and i had no CLUE where i was. So we get to their neighborhood and they start speeding up like crazy so i just stay cruising, just making sure i could still see them. Well i start to lose them bc it is completely dark outside. Well i get to this nice straight stretch and the speed limit is 35mph well i sped up to round 85-90 trying to catch back up to those fools. Right when i let off i see some blue light come on and i was was like **** LOL. So i pull over and start throwing clothes all over my nitrous bottle and he comes up to the car and says man did you not know there was a car behind you? I just said well i am lost and i was following these girls and i got stopped by a light and i was trying to catch back up.. Then he said well man i lovet his setup, but lemme go check you license and stuff.

Well he stayed in his car for bout a minute. He came up to the car and said man this is to much power so try to tone it down a lil bit. So i asked him i said O do you like LS1's? He said ya man i love them, and then he told me to have a great nite and i shook this guys hand for letting me out of that one..

Anything like this happen to yall??
Old 02-24-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't say the LS1 has gotten me out of anything, but it does get compliments when I do get pulled over. The last time I was pulled over for a taillight being out and not having my headlights on in the early morning. The officer complimented my car after he checked my license. He also told me he was glad I wasn't a jackass like the guys in town that own mustangs.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

No, but I got out of a ticket because I'm a college student
Old 02-24-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^thats funny i got a ticket once because i was a college student..... the dumbass for a cop thought that just because im in college meant the i was a smart little *** hole... he said Im gonna give you this ticket just because you college kids these days need to get off your high horse and live like the rest of the less privelegde in the country.... pretty ridiculous I know
Old 02-24-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, i thought this was gonna be an evading police story.. but it's a good one. hope it get's me outta trouble one day!
Old 02-24-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Veteran

nope no evading, even though i walked off from him pretty well LOL. but im not planning on running from them anytime soon. Ya i love my LS1
Old 02-24-2007, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

When i got pulled over, my nearly stock 98 Z28 was called a "Hotrod" by the police officer just cause i have an exhaust. And apparently in NJ its illegal to ride the middle lane in a 3 laned highway and pass up people while i was being passed up by people in the far left lane. Then there was that time i got pulled over for doing 25 in a 25 and i was impedeing traffic when it was 12:00 AM and no one was behind me. But i guess that was all myfault.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My LT1 got me out of a ticket once.

cruising 15 over in a place famous for being sticklers (small town, nice country road) saw a cop on a dusty side road too late. He apparently saw me too as I saw dirt boiling out from under his car. By the time he made it to the road I was on I was already 1/4 mile ahead (he parked like 100' down the dirt road so all he saw in the window afforded him by the trees on either side of HIS road was the side of my car, so no plates.) He did not have his lights on yet so I just layed it down. I never saw him again. No lights, no persuit. Thats how I call it. Most cops wait until they are RIGHT on you to turn on the lights. Never had the chance.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:34 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by redbanditz28
And apparently in NJ its illegal to ride the middle lane in a 3 laned highway and pass up people while i was being passed up by people in the far left lane.

I don't quite understand what you mean by that? But either way I'm sure it's a gay law.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by litemup02
Man, i thought this was gonna be an evading police story.. but it's a good one. hope it get's me outta trouble one day!
That is exactly what I was thinking
Old 02-24-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got pulled over once and the cop said, "Damn this is a nice car" and let me go. I only got pulled for not wearing a seat belt, which i was only not wearing cuz it was a car show/cruise and everyone was moving at like 10 mph(stop 'n go traffic).
Old 02-24-2007, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

Lol, thats pretty cool. I've had compliments when I've been pulled over. One cop down here in a Charger was pretty cool, pulled me over for a retarded reason though. I was following a friend back home and he cuts me off with no signal or anything at all (not a UC charger, black/white lights and all), so I'm immediately on his tail because there wasn't really room for him to get in. Well I didn't back off, I stayed on him (i usually keep my distance because of rock chips, but we were going like 40 on a nice new road), he slowed down so I passed him and got back behind my friend and infront of him. He lights em' up after a few seconds and pulls me over and gives me a warning about having my foglights on! Compliments my car, and takes off.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:19 PM
10 Second Club

My car has gotten me out of a lot of crap. Many of the cops around here are big muscle car enthusiasts and usually end up shooting the **** with me about the car. Out of all the times I've been stopped in it I've only gotten one ticket (failure to obey traffic signal). Last time I was stopped in my Silverado the cop reconized me, he laughed and asked me if my license was still good, then sent me on my way.

I think the biggest part of getting out of a ticket is pulling over right away and just being cool with the cop.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe in AL, but that would not fly in TX. Here they like to pretend they have 10 inch *****.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
Maybe in AL, but that would not fly in TX. Here they like to pretend they have 10 inch *****.
Yeah, thier DICKS arounds here too
Old 02-24-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trust
Lol, thats pretty cool. I've had compliments when I've been pulled over. One cop down here in a Charger was pretty cool, pulled me over for a retarded reason though. I was following a friend back home and he cuts me off with no signal or anything at all (not a UC charger, black/white lights and all), so I'm immediately on his tail because there wasn't really room for him to get in. Well I didn't back off, I stayed on him (i usually keep my distance because of rock chips, but we were going like 40 on a nice new road), he slowed down so I passed him and got back behind my friend and infront of him. He lights em' up after a few seconds and pulls me over and gives me a warning about having my foglights on! Compliments my car, and takes off.
that foglight law is gay...what year are you at uco?
Old 02-24-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bjamick
Anything like this happen to yall??
yes and no
i got myself off the hook for doing 90 in a 40 once, after the cop gave me a writtin warning he started asking about my car 'do you got flowmasters on this thing? -nope borla. 'wow does it sound good.. what gear were you in when you passed me anyways?' top of 3rd.. 'oyeah I used to own some mustangs myself when i was younger.... 20mins later 'well be safe out there'...
but another time it was totally the opposite, one of the first things out of the cop's mouth was, 'i dont car what you got in here..your fuel injection..and and dual exhaust' -but officer you've got the same on your crown vic...yeah i def got a ticket that time...
Old 02-25-2007, 02:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

I don't quite understand what you mean by that? But either way I'm sure it's a gay law.
Well, its exactly like it sounds. I was driving Rt 287 (a 3 laned highway in NJ) and i was going roughly 73 in a 65, i wasn't passing people like crazy being most people do about 70 too. I was riding the middle lane and there were actually cars passing me up in the left lane as i was slowly passing cars up to the right of me. So the cop pulls me over. He didn't even say anything about speeding. He told me its illegal to ride the middle lane of traffic for as long as i was. Last i thought, that was only the far left lane and not the middle lane. I just sat there and took it. Plus he called my car a hotrod when it was basically a stock camaro back then. Really ******* he was. But i am more pissed off about the 25 in a 25. They truly profiled me because of the young kid in a fast car scenario and i pointed that out to the cop who pulled me over. I actually got testy with him because i did absolutely nothing wrong and he knew that. He let me go with a non written warning and told me "I am not going to write you up for anything this time" and i told him "You can't even, because i did nothing wrong and the tape on the front of your cruiser is evidence that i didn't." He said have a good night." I said "not really". End of story. needless to say, the local papers heard of that one.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Launching!

i got out of a like two or three tickets(knock on wood)
1st-exhaust, i was reving at a cobra that i saw on the way into the theatre, after we were leavn, not to race, but to see what was up..cobra was white..so im leavn at like 1130pm after i had taped the gas a few times and this white car is behind we, lo and behold its a county cop..nails his light...im just like ****, i dont need this...talk to him, ran my plates, told me he loved my car and let me off

2)37 in a 25(through a neighborhood), came around the corner, saw him, he started to back up, i just pulled over..lol, came up behind me, said i was speeding up to fast, over a hill, then started talkn to me about mighty mouse when he had wrecked over the summer (in the same car group). he wa slike, hows david...and im like who the **** is david..OH YEA..o great..blah blah blah..RPMm sticker saved me that time...didnt even run me, just said slow down...he has a mustang GT...love to catch him off duty

3)there was another time i got pulled, but im so tired i dont remember, but i got a good story of almost getn pulled...thanksgiving last year, on the way home from my aunts house, my cousin wanted to race me in his jeep charokee with a v8 and im like but hes so cocky he goes for it as soon as we hit the on ramp...so...i do the same, had to shut the cockyness down...so after i put a bus or so on him, i run up to this gold z28 and was like im just guna race him while im at it...im doin 90 or so right now, look at his plate and realized thats a government tag..droped it into sixth and got down to like 74 when i passed him...it was a undercover statie!!! he looked at me and smiled and got off the interstate!!!...any1 guess what i was thankfull for that thanksgiving?