General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Story and then a Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Story and then a Question

Story
My best friend from college worked hard to get his first vette in the mid 90's (Red C4). His passion for them always moved me. While taking his wife out for Valentine's day, a car load of punks in a mustang, were messing with him trying to get him to race. They got pissed thathe wouldn't race and veared over into his lane, his counter steer sent in into a telephone pole. The car spun around and it threw his head against a brick wall and killed him leaving his wife and 2 little girls. Before he died, he had ordered a new pewter C5. It came a few days after his death. She decided to sell it and asked if I wanted it. I said yes, and began learning about C's. After making the necessary travel arrangements, I was ready to go pick it up. After driving it, she said she felt close to him while driving it and said she wanted to keep it. That is how I decided to buy my car.

Ok fast forward to last week. His wife sold the hosue they built together and made a substantial amount of money. Yesterday I opened a card she sent me, it contained a check with specific instructions to spend the money as my buddy would have (she is an awesome, giving lady).

So, this leads me to the question:

I have an essentially stock coupe except for the Blackwing intake that my buddy Nouman gave me for my birthday and he is letting me use his borla Stingers as well, how would you spend $1000.00 on performance mods, best bang for the buck on a daily driver!

Thanks for reading my long-winded story and thanks in advance for your modding suggestions!
Old 03-18-2007, 01:01 AM
TECH Resident

I would have to say as far as bang for the buck goes its hard to beat a cam as far as $ per Horsepower. Only way to top that ratio is with nitrous.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:07 AM
12 Second Club

well eventually ur gonna need headers, so i guess go with that.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pist0lpete
I would have to say as far as bang for the buck goes its hard to beat a cam as far as $ per Horsepower. Only way to top that ratio is with nitrous.
Pete, I love your chevelle!

I have been pondering a G5X3 and all the associated other things (rods, clips, pump, chain) I found a source for a pretty good deal on one. What scares me is its a daily driver and I sometimes go through a lot of traffic.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Launching!

Id your car and A4 or M6?

I'd say headers or a shot of Nitrous.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HiLandR
Story
My best friend from college worked hard to get his first vette in the mid 90's (Red C4). His passion for them always moved me. While taking his wife out for Valentine's day, a car load of punks in a mustang, were messing with him trying to get him to race. They got pissed thathe wouldn't race and veared over into his lane, his counter steer sent in into a telephone pole. The car spun around and it threw his head against a brick wall and killed him leaving his wife and 2 little girls. Before he died, he had ordered a new pewter C5. It came a few days after his death. She decided to sell it and asked if I wanted it. I said yes, and began learning about C's. After making the necessary travel arrangements, I was ready to go pick it up. After driving it, she said she felt close to him while driving it and said she wanted to keep it. That is how I decided to buy my car.

Ok fast forward to last week. His wife sold the hosue they built together and made a substantial amount of money. Yesterday I opened a card she sent me, it contained a check with specific instructions to spend the money as my buddy would have (she is an awesome, giving lady).

So, this leads me to the question:

I have an essentially stock coupe except for the Blackwing intake that my buddy Nouman gave me for my birthday and he is letting me use his borla Stingers as well, how would you spend $1000.00 on performance mods, best bang for the buck on a daily driver!

Thanks for reading my long-winded story and thanks in advance for your modding suggestions!

I would talk to his wife and ask her what mods he had mentioned. I know I talked to my GF's about what I was planning. You think it goes in 1 ear and out the other but they pay more attention than you think. I bet he said SOMETHING to his wife about planned mods that she just forgot about but asking her might jog her memory. Then you KNOW you will have done right!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

This has got to be one of the saddest stories I have ever heard. Personally, I would look into starting a corvette club, or annual corvette show/cook-out and dedicate it to your best friend with the money. I know this may not be what your buddy would have done, but look at it this way....If heaven forbid this story was reversed, would your best friend use YOUR money to help modify HIS car?