General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Is this a scam?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a scam?

I saw this on auto trader and thought "great Ill take it!" so I emailed the guy asking where he was and when I could come check the car out. I get this email back

"Hello
The price that I want to obtain is $4,400 US including shipping and insurance charges prior to transporting the car to your location ,inspection and approval of vehicle.The car is in absolutely perfect condition, no scratches, dents or other imperfections, low miles It has always been garage kept and adult driven, never abused or raced . It is a US model in compliance with US emissions, clear title in hand, still registered in US and you will have
no problem registering it onto your name. The car will be shipped via air freight from Palma de Mallorca, Spain and it will take no more than 7 business days to arrive at your location.
This is a large purchase and I would suggest using a third party to complete this purchase as I want a smooth and safe transaction. We will use Square Trade, I have completed quite a large number of successful deals using them.I am a serious person and I am asking the payment to be done through Bank Transfer only.
If you agree with these terms, please reply with your full name and address and I will consign the transaction with Square Trade asap.
Regards "

sounds funny. Im going to shoot him a call.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Don't waste your time.
Banned

your kidding...right? Ive never seen a bigger scam in my life...well, maybe i have. Its a scam, dont give away 4400 to some bum who says he lives in spain.
TECH Resident

Sounds sketchy...wouldn't do it. If it sounds too goo to be true......
Old 03-20-2007, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

I didnt know he was so far. I said If everything checks out we can make a deal. Square Deal is big. He isnt using a free email providor, if I can get a carfax on the car, get his full name and adress and speak to him, then Ill see.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Anytime they are foreign and offer to pay shipping its a scam. Pure and simple.

Think about it, why would he pay thousands of dollars to ship a car across the world when hes only gonna get 4400 bucks from it. Hed probably lose money on it from Spain. scamscamscamscam do not buy.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

k. Thanks guys! Just wanted to make sure. Damn, thought I had something.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

This is a scam I already lost 4500 dollars to one of those ******* two years ago buying a motorcylce. I wish I could find that person I would slice their ***** off cook it rare infront of them then put it in their mouth and then shove a gun up their *** then start blowing fingers and toes off ... I can't believe people could live with themselves knowing they're taking someone else's life savings away. I got another one trying to sell me a 35th anniversary camaro red with strips convertable for 4500 dollars including shipping from England, I told him my dad was there for business and I would save him money by having my dad ship it on his way back so he wouldn't have to pay shipping. Never heard from him again!!!!!!!! Then I just cussed him out in another e-mail.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

I just pulled the family friend thing that you did^
Old 03-20-2007, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Bet you won't hear from the sack of **** son of a bitch. I wish I had a lot of money to trap one of those *******.... The things I would do to them would just make them pray for death!!!!!!!! all the previously stated and if he is not gay well he would get a gang bang from men in africa
Old 03-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m_ghonim
This is a scam I already lost 4500 dollars to one of those ******* two years ago buying a motorcylce. I wish I could find that person I would slice their ***** off cook it rare infront of them then put it in their mouth and then shove a gun up their *** then start blowing fingers and toes off ... I can't believe people could live with themselves knowing they're taking someone else's life savings away. I got another one trying to sell me a 35th anniversary camaro red with strips convertable for 4500 dollars including shipping from England, I told him my dad was there for business and I would save him money by having my dad ship it on his way back so he wouldn't have to pay shipping. Never heard from him again!!!!!!!! Then I just cussed him out in another e-mail.
About half way through that I started laughing. Thanks for that man, sorry for the money loss though.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by m_ghonim
Bet you won't hear from the sack of **** son of a bitch. I wish I had a lot of money to trap one of those *******.... The things I would do to them would just make them pray for death!!!!!!!! all the previously stated and if he is not gay well he would get a gang bang from men in africa
I just saw a dateline tonite where they trapped some internet scammers. How ironic! Ill keep you updated if I hear from him.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Scam for sure. I found a 1996 Supra Turbo once listed for 6,500, Silver, Targa, 65k miles, M6, black leather. I e-mailed the guy and he pulled the same **** that you got. He wanted to ship the car to me from Cali. and all that mess. After I offered to fly out there and drive it back he never returned my email. I sent his *** some nasty ones after that. Douche.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Teching In

also dude, being that im 99% sure M3's didnt ever come in an automatic...people are risky dude, stay awayyyy from the Europeans.....
Old 03-20-2007, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Ive seen other auto 95 M3s for sale. Alot actually. Ill be damned, he said I could have someone else ship it and he gave me some info on him

I asked him straight up if he would ship the car and let me check it out first.

Last edited by IB Adrian; 05-26-2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: removed banking details per legal request.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Yes my buddy is a finance consultant and he has seen this scam many times. They post a car for a cheap price and you send the money. Once the money order clears you will never hear from them again, and you still get fucked with the payments on the loan. Dont every buy from another country......
Old 03-21-2007, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Gotcha. Arent there third party agencies that hold the money till you get the car?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TheLSwon
Gotcha. Arent there third party agencies that hold the money till you get the car?
yes, but there are loopholes
Old 03-21-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TheLSwon
Ive seen other auto 95 M3s for sale. Alot actually. Ill be damned, he said I could have someone else ship it and he gave me some info on him

I asked him straight up if he would ship the car and let me check it out first.

Schlomo? You should mail him a picture of your ***.

Last edited by IB Adrian; 05-26-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CaSHMeRe
yes, but there are loopholes
like what?