General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Someone Hit my car and Insurance wont Repair it! Advise!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Someone Hit my car and Insurance wont Repair it! Advise!

Well I was on my lunch at the drive thru line at my local In & Out and this lady backed into my car.

now this is the first tiem I get hit or I get involved in anything like this so I first called my insurance and I was told that I needed to pay a deductible so of course i said no and I was told I was going to get the money back once the ladys insurance admitted fault. I still said no so I called her insurance and reported the damage. I was told I could take it to any shop I wanted and they would repair it. I went to a prefered shop and he told me he needed to replace my back fender and bumper. The estimate came to about $3300 and their labor rate is $70 bucks an hour.

Today I took my car to get inspected at her insurance, Farmers, and they told me that the hit can be taken out and bondo filled. I said **** NO!, I want the panel replaced, I dont want to have a patch on my car at all. Farmers then said that they would only pay for an estimate they generated and it came out to like $1200 with a labor rate of $65 and they said they are not paying the labor rate of $70 bucks from the other shop either.

Now I feel like im totally screwed and I dont know what to do at all. Can you guys help me out here ?????

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2007, 11:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow **** them it wasn't your fault to being with.. if you manage to get ur money or just take that id say **** em drop that insurance man. Take pictures and show the insurance how you were backed into when you weren't even doing anything show them how bad it is and make them get it through there heads your car needs a new bumper for (make up something) like the car doesn't handle as well if its uneven with weight..lol? idk
Old 04-06-2007, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

get a lawyer that is bs.they have to make you happy
Old 04-07-2007, 02:24 AM
On The Tree

They can't put bondo on it, it has to be repaired to factory specs and I never seen bondo as a factory spec. They can however use foreign made parts. I think YOUR insurance agent should be handling this anyway, assuming you have full coverage. You don't have to accept some bullshit repair.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:25 AM
On The Tree

I had that happen a few years ago in my old car and they absolutely refused to replace the bumper. They said their goal was to make the car as it was prior to the damage and that's why I didn't understand that b/c my bumper didn't have bondo on it before some person hit me. They basically said either take the money or don't get anything.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, what you might should have done is have your insurance company deal with it. You would have paid the dedutcible (sp?), then your agent would have sued her insurance company for your deductible and you would have gotten it straight back, that way your car would have been repaired and back on the road.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Complete bullshit man! I swear insurance companies are such crooks!
Old 04-07-2007, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS DNA
I first called my insurance and I was told that I needed to pay a deductible so of course i said no and I was told I was going to get the money back once the ladys insurance admitted fault. I still said no
You clearly do not understand how insurance works. Without the deductible amount, which protects the insurer from innumerable small claims, insurance would be too expensive. The purpose of insurance is to protect you from large losses. The deductible makes insurance affordable.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Gary Z
You clearly do not understand how insurance works. Without the deductible amount, which protects the insurer from innumerable small claims, insurance would be too expensive. The purpose of insurance is to protect you from large losses. The deductible makes insurance affordable.
if you are not at falt you shouldnt have to pay a deductible.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

alll insurance companys a theives, they have no problem canceling your insurance if you are a day late with your payment but when it comes to there money they dont want to pay, bullshit.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Getting a lawyer would be your best choice I think.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

+100 for getting a lawyer and makeing them sums a bitches pay i got hit buy a guy that had farmers insurance they didnt want to pay it was the other guys fault. State Farm my insurance company took care of it but it did go to court
Old 04-07-2007, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

All you need to do is go through your insurance company. You will not have to pay a deductable they will just take the deductable money out of the check they cut you for the repairs. Then they go after the other insurance company for your money as well as theirs. Then they cut you another check for the deductable amount. You don't need a lawyer that would cost you more money any way. Just let your insurance company handle it plus it saves you some of the headache. Trust me I have been in the same boat.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

We had to do that with progressivebecause they wouldnt pay or even pay for a rental car, File it on your insurance and then have them take care of the other insurance company, works out the best you get what you want and deserve
Old 04-08-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BOILER_WS6
I had that happen a few years ago in my old car and they absolutely refused to replace the bumper. They said their goal was to make the car as it was prior to the damage and that's why I didn't understand that b/c my bumper didn't have bondo on it before some person hit me. They basically said either take the money or don't get anything.

Thats exactly what they said to me.

I want to get a lawyer involved but does anyone know how costly that is ???
Old 04-08-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs down

My main concern its that Bondo would be put on my car.

I DO NOT want that crap on my fender!!!

I want a new one put on, How can I get them to do this ??
Old 04-08-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

thats fucked up, you have any pics of it?
Old 04-08-2007, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

People have already said this, but YOUR insurance needs to threaten HER insurance and if they dont pay, they will take sue them. YOUR insurance will fix the car, but then YOUR insurance will go after HER insurance to get their money back. You need to file this through YOUR insurance if hers wont cover it. You will prolly have to pay the deductable but you will get it back. No lawyer is needed for your. Your insurance company has better lawyers than you can afford right now.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bmartin8
People have already said this, but YOUR insurance needs to threaten HER insurance and if they dont pay, they will take sue them. YOUR insurance will fix the car, but then YOUR insurance will go after HER insurance to get their money back. You need to file this through YOUR insurance if hers wont cover it. You will prolly have to pay the deductable but you will get it back. No lawyer is needed for your. Your insurance company has better lawyers than you can afford right now.
word...report back after you get your money
Old 04-08-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Seriously her insurance is completely liable but will take forever to admit fault....my last accident the other insurance company didn't admit fault for 2 months! Get A Laywer! If they do admit fault you can get your car repaired however you like as long as it ends up the way it started. If they take forever to admit fault get a lawyer and pay your deductible and have your car fixed by your insurance company. It is illegal to raise your insurance costs if the accident isn't your fault...Then when your insurance company sues the other company you will get the percentage of the deductible back that they pay on your claim. Example: If it takes 5000 to fix your car and your deductible is 500 bucks...if your insurance company gets a 4000 dollar settlement from the other insurance company then you will get 400 of your deductible back. Whatever you don't get in property damage or from your deductible you can sue for through your lawyer.

In my state I can't even get a rental car through the other insurance company unless they admit fault. In that case you can sue for time without a vehicle...

Get a lawyer now and it will save you alot of frustration and worries but it will still take a while...just be patient...also laws are alot different in other states so you will need legal advice...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Someone Hit my car and Insurance wont Repair it! Advise!