General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Auto Carrier Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Carrier Review

I purchased my Z06 back at the beginning of April and waited to get a shipping company for 2 weeks. I hired a company called VIP Auto Transport to go out to California and bring my car to Ohio after the sales guy called and told me that they had a truck leaving to go to Cali that Friday. Great. Payed the $200 down payment and rested easy knowing the car was being picked up. Called the next week to see what the deal was, and they said that the truck experienced a few delays and was running behind. Ok, no problem. Called again 2 days later to see what was going on and they told me that they had not found a carrier yet to go get the car.. huh? I thought the trailer was already picked and on its way? Wrong. Called again 2 days later. No Carrier, they are expecting to have it picked up by the end of the week. Called at the end of the week, negative. So after being lied to for 4 weeks, I called and they said that they did not have anyone who wanted to go get the car, and that they hired a different company to go get it... But it would be an extra 100 bucks. Nice...

So the company that they hired was Quality Shipping (PM me for details). These guys are fantastic! They called me the next day to give me information on the trailer, the drivers name and cell phone and assured me the car would be picked up on Thursday. Thursday came, and I got a phone call from the dealership saying the car just left the lot. The driver called me shortly after to tell me that he was on his way back and the car would be dropped out in 7-10 days at my door. 7 days later, car showed up and the guy even apologized for being later as he wanted to make it there in 6 days. Wow. All in all, a month and a half later, the car is here. A very bad experience to say the least, but having Quality ship the car to me made a huge difference. If your shipping a car anywhere, PM me for details as these guys are fantastic. Kudos to them for a job well done, and to hell with the VIP bozos.

Justin
Old 05-21-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

Good post! The difference in some companies is incredible. Within the past year I have been involved with 3 different transport companies. They range from extreme professionalism to outright inept. The 'covered' car carriers seem to be the best, not only for your car's protection but for professional drivers. The last company we dealt with had a 78 year old driver who couldn't read a map. He had absolutely no clue. Good for him for trying to eke out a living but not at my, or my car's expense. He had no idea how to get other cars off the carrier and when one car couldn't start, WE had to call a wrecker to haul a car off the carrier to get ours out. Incredible. You get what you pay for. The best experience cost us the most money and guess who was the cheapest??
Old 05-22-2007, 08:33 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I recently had a great experience with a car carrier company....it's the little things that make the experience great.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:58 AM
12 Second Club

Absolutely. When I first picked a carrier I took the average cost, taking away the most expensive and the cheapest and picked that way. It cost a little most money to go with Quality, though the money was well worth the time that they actually had it and the communication that they provided.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

WOW! Waiting a MONTH to get a Z06 you've already paid for! I believe I'd be getting somewhat irate! I'm glad it turned out well for you in the end, and you got your car in one peice.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

Yup, I was getting a little worried but all ended up being well. whew