General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

stupid question I know

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid question I know

but does anyone know how this damn thing bolts on? Is the flat bigger piece faced upwards? and how exactly does this bolt on to my lid.

Sorry for the stupid question, but man I looked all over summit because I know they sometimes have instructions as pdf files, but no dice this time. So I'm lost here.

Anyone?

Old 05-22-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

it goes in front of your radiator and feeds air up to the air filter. it screws down under the radiator support.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sunset'01Z
it goes in front of your radiator and feeds air up to the air filter. it screws down under the radiator support.

ah gotcha and makes sense now. Thanks again.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bones Z28
but does anyone know how this damn thing bolts on? Is the flat bigger piece faced upwards? and how exactly does this bolt on to my lid.

Sorry for the stupid question, but man I looked all over summit because I know they sometimes have instructions as pdf files, but no dice this time. So I'm lost here.

Anyone?

no question is a stupid question!!it is only stupid not to ask a question!Ask and you shall receive!!good luck with the install!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Launching!

try this...

http://www.slponline.com/inst/21033.pdf
Old 05-23-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

You need to remove the air box (where the filter is). There is a piece of plastic in front of the radiator that you should pop loose and modify a little with a hacksaw blade. Maybe the link above tells where. Then you put the plastic back on and drop the scoop in under where the air box goes so that the part in the front of your picture is up and the long scoop part is going down and facing forward. Drill two holes and screw in the sheet metal screws. Put your air box back on, then use the long piece of rubber to block off the normal gap where the air comes in. That way all of the air will come in from a cooler, high pressure area down in front of the radiator.