General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

any and all help welcome

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any and all help welcome

hi, i'm a girl who has loved camaro's for a very long time and i finally got one. But i'm wanting to make around 550rwhp but have no idea how to. My b/f knows about cars but mainly imports so he's not much help. He does keep reccomending using a turbo though. But as far as everything i might need to do i have no idea. So please help. Thanks
Old 06-10-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

There are about 30 million different things you can do to make power power. First off, 550 is quite a number without either doing some very heavy motor work or you'll have to use nitrous or a turbo. Keep in mind when you make that much power your going to need and upgrade everything else (tranny, rear end, suspension) otherwise all that power is just gonna go up in tire smoke. What is it you're planning to do with this car?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Go 402 with Forced induction...(and supporting mods like headers and such). If you want to keep with the 346 you need to go forged crank/rods and pistion with a big cam like the T rex or the Magic stick four with AFR heads, that make you hit close to that number. Then you could go FI or No2
Old 06-11-2007, 03:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well with this car you can do so much....for example

you can go strictly stock internals and a FI setup....
you can go bigger CID and a small bottle shot....
you can go forged internals, H/C, and a small bottle....*what id do*

and there are others....just check around some of the forums, lurk a little bit see whats going on, what works and what doesnt...if you have questions most of us have good answers...but be open minded...

also did you go to georgetown university in kentucky?....i played college soccer against them...and went to a party in one of those small *** apartment/dorm deals...
Old 06-11-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Addict

just get a procharger,cam,and headers and your set right there. little pricey but gets the job done FAST. and plus you can smoke your boyfriend and all his little ricer buddys whenever you see them
Old 06-12-2007, 03:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The stock LS1 bottom end cant handle much more then 500 horse's let alone the rear will eventally break and or be really rough to drive with.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
just get a procharger,cam,and headers and your set right there. little pricey but gets the job done FAST. and plus you can smoke your boyfriend and all his little ricer buddys whenever you see them
haha so i guess all i have left is a cam
Old 06-12-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
HAHA you said "little ricer buddys" I dont know why but that just made my night.

CamaroLuv, just so you know if your boyfriend is a ricer, which he sounds like he is, cause the first suggestion he had for you was to throw a turbo on it, you probably dont want to listen to him when it comes to modding the car. This is a great forum for help. Just remember, you need some bank roll to get those numbers, doing things the proper way to these cars costs money, and remember, start from the bottom up, meaning do the easy cheap mods first then go from there. Good luck, I would love to see you get that car built and show some people up.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroLuv
My b/f knows about cars but mainly imports so he's not much help. Thanks
Old 06-12-2007, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How and why did you come up with the number 550?
What is the car for?
Daily driver to work, weekend cruiser, weekend dragster, out running the police, transporting moonshine, bragging rights only don't ever drive it or something different?
Old 06-13-2007, 12:21 AM
NKAWTG...N

Drive a 400rwhp car first then, see if you need 550.

But that being said a large cube 383 or bigger motor with spray will do you fine. Going forced induction (turbo or supercharger) is an expensive route...alot more so than just spraying the crap out a motor.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wonder if she's come back and actually read any of this stuff?
Old 06-13-2007, 03:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shinigami2x4
The stock LS1 bottom end cant handle much more then 500 horse's let alone the rear will eventally break and or be really rough to drive with.
Eh, I've seen/read about stock bottoms taking a lot more than that. I personally inflicted 576rwhp/590rwtq on my stock bottom for 3 years...
Old 06-13-2007, 03:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KENS_SS_4
How and why did you come up with the number 550?
What is the car for?
Daily driver to work, weekend cruiser, weekend dragster, out running the police, transporting moonshine, bragging rights only don't ever drive it or something different?
Exactly. 550rwhp is no joke in a 3400lb car...I can personally attest to that. How it will be used is more of a factor than an arbitrary HP number...
Old 06-13-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Russick
Eh, I've seen/read about stock bottoms taking a lot more than that. I personally inflicted 576rwhp/590rwtq on my stock bottom for 3 years...
theres a guy local here who has done well over 600RWHP on his stock bottom end. spraying the **** out of it.lol