General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Should I snatch it up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 12:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Should I ****** it up?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...l=&cardist=658

Only thing is the car was in an accident. It was hit while parked. The front bumper and left fender were replaced. There is also one small ding on the passenger rear quarter panel. Other than that he says it is in excellent condition. If the work was done right would it be a big deal to buy a car that was in a minor accident like this one? He said there was no frame damage done. I am trying to get someone from Ohio to help me out and take a look at it for me so I know if it is worth it. If it is then I will probably end up getting it. So if any one will help I would really appreciate it. Let me know your opinions on whether or not I should try to get this car or keep looking. Thanks all.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leather seats! I'm jealous. I got my 00 z28 for about 10, with no accidents and completely clean otherwise...you might want to try and squeeze a little more money out of this one, but it looks ok. As long as nothing in the engine bay looks replaced (mysterious new hoses, etc) I'd say go for it. Doesn't look like it took too bad of a shot, but then again how it handles may tell you more about that. I looked at a 96 TA before I bought my Z...they claimed it had never been in an accident but the whole front end was a little offset and just about everything under the hood was brand spanking new.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

looks like a pretty good deal.....when you say wreck you mean like a fender bender or the car was totaled and has a rebuilt title? If it has a junk title I would stay away from it, but if the title is clean I would jump on it....
Old 07-09-2007, 10:59 PM
9 Second Club

Title is clean as far as I know. It was just a little fender bender.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

doesnt seem like THAT great of a deal, but a deal.

drive it and if its all stiff and perfect then give him 9500 and call it a day. if you hear anything thats wrong offer a lil less and wait to see if he can sell it for his asking price

jus my .02
Old 07-10-2007, 06:51 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Lightbulb

LMAO! .....it says the car has a sunroof! lol

Sounds like a good deal to me, the prices have been high for our cars as of late.

If the car was parked and just minor **** was done to it, and done right then sounds good to me.

Run a Carfax (don't ask anyone here on LS1TECH.com to run one) and see what that turns up.

Also post up in the Midwestern Members section asking if anybody can hook you up to look at it.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:33 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks Craig. I have someone from the site (sunset01ta) going to look at it for me tomorrow. I planned on running a carfax when he lets me know what he thinks of it tomorrow. Hopefully everything checks out good.