General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Would you purchase this item?
Yes, sign me up!
20.83%
No, not a chance
20.83%
Not sure about this.
58.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Interior components to hot to touch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Interior components to hot to touch?

This summer is starting to warm up and the insides of our cars act like ovens under the sun. Autotrix is wanting to know who would be interested in a product that would help keep in car temps down while you are away. Much like the window version everyone has seen on TV that is rolled up into the window and keeps the air moving, our kit will move more air and you wont have to have your window cracked. This kit will wire into a hot at all times circuit, and once activated it will turn your car blower motor on every 30 mins only for 4 minutes. Keeping your in car temps down and surface temps like your seatbeats, steering wheel and leather seats cooler as well. This kit is universal for all cars and is currently being tested. The kit also has a saftey for the battery while in use- If the battery surface charge ever gets near or below 11.5V the kit will not arm the blower motor, even if it is switched on. So you will not have to worry about your battery running down. Of course you dont want this type of thing switched on while on vacation or not driving the car, but is ideal for the every day parking lot exposure most cars get.
Heres your chance to ask questions, and help us decide if we should release something like this?
Old 07-16-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

One part of me says it sounds like a good idea, but the other half says this sounds like more of a hassle than it's worth. But then again I live in NY. Maybe some of the Florida guys would be better suited for this.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Launching!

Sounds interesting, but how do you get rid of all the hot air in the car with just the blower motor working for 4-minutes? I think your better off leaving the windows cranked open a bit and pray it don't rain.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by waldershrek
One part of me says it sounds like a good idea, but the other half says this sounds like more of a hassle than it's worth. But then again I live in NY. Maybe some of the Florida guys would be better suited for this.
hell yeah, im on fire everytime i get in the car. i have to start it,turn on the air,and open doors to get heat out lol
Old 07-16-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

How exactly would that work? It sounds like all it would do is circulate the Already HOT air inside the car. How would it be cooled off? Is there some sort of venting for the heated air?

My car is soooooo bad i can not get into it without opening both doors and waiting at least a minute or two. (Black w/ black leather)
I'd be really interested if this product actually works.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

It is 110 degrees here, don't think it will help
Old 07-17-2007, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Im interested, I live in Houston and after my car has been sitting in the sun on a hot day its prob about 120+ degress inside the car....I would like to know more
Old 07-17-2007, 01:38 AM
TECH Resident

This sounds like a great idea for fbodies... glass roof + black leather = mobile oven... I swear you could bake a cake in there on some of these hot texas days. Personally, I tolerate it fine, and it really doesn't bother me anymore, but I'm sure you'll have plenry of takers at a decent price with a reasonably simple install.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:10 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

I doubt it'll do much to cool the interior, IMO. You really need some cross-breeze from window to window to cool things down.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I will probably pass...
Old 07-17-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Resident

Doubtful myself, but you have my attention.....
Old 07-17-2007, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

remote start with the a/c on max

and no, i wouldn't buy a kit to make my blower motor run...

Last edited by MSDRbooger; 07-18-2007 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:44 PM

Yeah, having the windows down would help aid in the heat dissapation. The point is to have the windows up. Its the same consept as the solar fan people put in their windows...no it doesnt 'cool' the car. It moves air. We have these on a couple of cars, and the people with them wont take them out! They can tell a difference in surface temps when using the kit and not using the kit. We could spend a lot more time and money making this kit a lot better than it is, but the fact of the matter is that it doesnt seem like it will sell, regardless of how affective it is. The install is really easy, although the price would be higher than $50. Thanks for the responses!! keep'rm coming!
Old 07-17-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by autotrix
We could spend a lot more time and money making this kit a lot better than it is, but the fact of the matter is that it doesnt seem like it will sell, regardless of how affective it is.
Well a vendor always says their product works. The truth is you need the customer testimony to back it up, and on here, if it worked well, the word would spread. A few established members saying that they didnt have to turn the wheel with 2 fingers when getting in their car after a day at work, would make people take notice. Hard part is getting a few people to try it.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

with my black nitrous bottle mounted in my black car i would be very interested, however you need some kind of test between two black cars in the sun all day. one with the kit one without. Preferably by an unbiased tester...
Old 07-17-2007, 09:36 PM

i know what you mean, I need those people to post for me- even posting is a hassel to some!! We will see, they might be more willing than I know! Yeah, customer support on the board is good, but not always the trick!
We have done some in parking lot tests with a dark color car, and they swear it is way better than not having the kit armed, but even if we have acual temp differences will it really make the difference?? If so, we might invest in some temp good temp gauges and document our temps and times of day.....then again, its still looking like a waste of time....prove me wrong people!!
Old 07-17-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

Well I dont think you need some badass temp gauges. Just something that shows it both ways.

Its a new idea, your talking about running something that could potentially leave someone stranded on a hot day, the thought makes people nervous.

IMO if you want this one to fly, your going to have to make it and get a few out at a minimum cost, with the stipulation they post up the positive results you know they are going to have. Let it roll a little while and see how it does, if it still flat lines, then so be it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:57 PM

I know whatch mean, I guess sometimes people like that acual documented tests. The initial investment for this product might not be a good one if it doesnt sell, even with the few responses we will get, after all, unlike the window kit, not everyone needs (or wants) it.- so we will see how it goes eh?
Old 07-18-2007, 01:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know whatch mean, I guess sometimes people like that acual documented tests. The initial investment for this product might not be a good one if it doesnt sell, even with the few responses we will get, after all, unlike the window kit, not everyone needs (or wants) it.- so we will see how it goes eh?
i'll test it out for free
Old 07-18-2007, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

i know what you mean, I need those people to post for me- even posting is a hassel to some!! We will see, they might be more willing than I know! Yeah, customer support on the board is good, but not always the trick!
We have done some in parking lot tests with a dark color car, and they swear it is way better than not having the kit armed, but even if we have acual temp differences will it really make the difference?? If so, we might invest in some temp good temp gauges and document our temps and times of day.....then again, its still looking like a waste of time....prove me wrong people!!
If you don't have that much faith in your product maybe you shouldn't try and produce it...you don't seem that into it honestly, and it seems like you want us to sell you on selling it, just my .02

And yes, i believe that if there was documented temperature difference i think it would make all the difference to the consumer.