General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

It's Been A While

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default It's Been A While

It's been a while since I've posted on here. I've been in many different vehicles since I owned my LS1. None appeased me. So now I'm back shopping for one again. This will make #3.
#1 was a 99 WS.6 M6 that I modded mildly I,H,E, spray. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED that car. Unfortunately I was too immature to have such a machine and crashed it into a tree.
#2 was a 2002 SLP 345hp SS A4. Fun car, but the Auto bored me. It was great at the track, and quite quick. Just didn't feel like I was the one driving.

That brings me to #3. I've found a 2002 Z28 M6 at a semi-local stealership. They want less than $10k, but the car has 94k miles on it. I have faith in the cars/motors so that really doesn't worry me all that much. The dealership is 2 hours away so I have yet to drive the car. I'm just concerned as to how it feels. I know my WS.6's tranny was shot by the time I got it. Luckily I had a warranty that covered new syncros, and shift forks.

Anyhow, they're asking $9999 for the car. I'm financing it through them so lowballing them with cash is out. What should I offer for the car? I was told that the A/C was just fixed and blows ice cold. There was an issue with a line needing replaced. I look forward to some input, and REALLY look forward to being a LS1 owner again. TIA
Old 07-19-2007, 09:20 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

welcome back to your addiction.

Buy an older model with lower miles. I wouldn't pay $10K for a car with that many miles, you could find a clean 98-00 model for $10K with 1/3 of those miles.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wish that were the case. Unfortunately without going into too much detail I am unable to find said cars. The car HAS to be purchased from a dealer, and the car has to be under a certain age for financing purposes. I wish I had cash to buy a car but unfortunately I don't. And to add insult to injury my credit doesn't afford me the ability to purchase from certain places.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Resident

If this particular Camaro is the one you must have then arm yourself with other ads to get that dealer to realize he's not the only option you have and if he wants your business he might be more flexable and lower his price. Look at this one Blue Z28 . Or this one Red Z28 .
The mean price out of the 25 Camaro Z28s within a 200 mile radius of Vero Beach is under 8200 dollars. Maybe that might help some.