General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

beating up on my the 1999 ss camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default beating up on my the 1999 ss camaro

Ok guy's i might be getting a little emotional here but i have to do it.. I have a 1999 ss it is a very nice car i am the second owner and the frist owner seemed like he took good care of the car it was a moded car when i bought it.. i guess what i am trying to say is how much abuse will on fo these cars take? That might be a funny question to some. I will say it is so hard to get in my car and not beat on it at least once everytime i drive it.. the **** part is it is my DDriver.. How do i learn to control the urge to no pullout of the parking lot and not get sideways. i guess i just feel bad for beating on my stock 10bolt with 4.10s there only so much the will take she seems fine now you just never no though.. anybody have this prob them self?
Old 08-01-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=How do i learn to control the urge to no pullout of the parking lot and not get sideways.QUOTE]

When something breaks and you have to spend a lot of money to fix it. Ask me how I know.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

umm dont have a ls1 or even a f body but my little mustang with its 306 and e cam with full exhaust and gears is pretty tempting to do that with but then right as i slam on the loud pedal i think TICKET!!!! and i just stop and it works only cause i have had atleast 5 exhibition of speed tickets!!! but none the less it is fun
Old 08-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Launching!

i have this problem too... but the way i control it is with the girlfriend mod... the way it works is
1)No burnouts, speeding, crazy driving = girlfriend happy and maybe some 'sexy time' later...
or
2)5 seconds of acting like an idiot= girlfriend pissed and 'blue *****' for the night
Old 08-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wzup1000
i have this problem too... but the way i control it is with the girlfriend mod... the way it works is
1)No burnouts, speeding, crazy driving = girlfriend happy and maybe some 'sexy time' later...
or
2)5 seconds of acting like an idiot= girlfriend pissed and 'blue *****' for the night
NOW THATS FUNNY!!! my girlis the same way she just just not ride with me a nuff.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

well to bad my girlfriend loves that ****, but either way you're car can last basicly forever (manner of speaking) if you just take good maintnance on it and keep things new, when things should be replaced do it soon so it doesn't where out other stuff, oil changes and other fluid checks/change.. some people on here have 300K+ cars and still run 10s 11s with them, take care of it and she will take care of you. also with the urge to control it is just to know when and where, you don't have to let everyone see it because most of them will say hey look at that *******, lol. so just rip it out you're drive way or at an emty side road and get it out of you're system. you learn to control it after time
Old 08-01-2007, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

or

lol.hahaha, aint that the truth!!! I hear ya!!! +1 on this one
Old 08-01-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

or
You're so wipped

To bad I'm the same way
Old 08-01-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1999ssls1
When something breaks and you have to spend a lot of money to fix it. Ask me how I know.
that sounds like me...
Old 08-01-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how about drive like a normal person 75% of the time?

Commonsense goes a long way,but thats is pretty much thrown out as is manners and respect
Old 08-01-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

these cars can take a TON! of abuse.

just keep up on maintenance. and like somebody else said, i drive normal most of the time so i don't:

1. look like an *******
2. waste gas
3. cause unnecessary engine wear racing nobody
4. lose chicks because they cant keep up so you might as well cruise next to them
5. get a ticket
6. ruin more than 2 tires a summer
7. get in an accident
8. *add* waste nitrous
9. *add* scare chicks away from ridin with me

i'll add anymore if i think of other things that keep me from flooring it

Last edited by SchultzLT1; 08-09-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SchultzLT1
these cars can take a TON! of abuse.

just keep up on maintenance. and like somebody else said, i drive normal most of the time so i don't:

1. look like an *******
2. waste gas
3. cause unnecessary engine wear racing nobody
4. lose chicks because they cant keep up so you might as well cruise next to them
5. get a ticket
6. ruin more than 2 tires a summer
7. get in an accident
8. *add* (starting next week) waste nitrous

i'll add anymore if i think of other things that keep me from flooring it
I think I might print this out and tape it next to or over my tach, I like that. I dont spin tire much, hardly ever because they cost so damn much, but I love to get on it. I think a little WOT now and then is good, but to the OP, man with those HP and TQ numbers with 4.10 gears, your 10 bolt is going to go sometime sooner or later. What are your mods??
Old 08-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Staging Lane

my mod's are now in my sig
Old 08-02-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

yeah i can see why you like doing it, but still once you get over the oversized ***** you're sitting on with a gas pedel you will quit burnin out everywhere you go. trust me i still do it on occasion but after spending roughly 1100 in tires in less then a year i realised it's pretty bad an especially now the tires i get are 400 a piece, but everyonce in awhile i will give em a quick warm up. you just go from that stage of showing what you got and letting everyone see it then to knowing what you got and letting them find out for themselves
Old 08-02-2007, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

or
hahahha...couldnt agree more with gf mod!
Old 08-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Not that I have a fast car (*yet*), but the gf mod doesn't always work. Some girls just like crazy guys, and I know too many!