General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Having BIG TIME traction problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having BIG TIME traction problems!!!

Ok got a 02 T/A just a regular TA NOT a WS6....so the tires are the 16x8 (i believe) maybe 16x9........just recently installed cam and putting 393rwhp....so with the big power increase resulted in when accelerating hard having very hard time keeping traction.....i dont want to git bigger tires really due to money reasons is there any other option i have to go with.....or am i just stuck gitting bigger tires.....someone said to git drag radials never had any experience with them so i dont know how they proform.......please help
Old 08-30-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your gonna have to get bigger tires. DR's if you really want some traction. I could spin my stock tires forever without as much power as you have...I guess they just suck for traction
Old 08-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

you wll need ATLEAST a drag radial if you are auto.. a slick at the track if you are manual.

You will need a bigger tire too. Not to bad though.. pretty cheap to come back for a set of 17 inch rims on a 9.5 or 10 tire.

Go get some tires and post those times man!

Good luck bro!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alright well u should get a set of drag radials probably like 275's nitto or bfg bfg are very good i have them on mine and sti's dont even get me at launch they might waist fairly quickly based on your driving habits however are worth the money without my drag radials i would not be able to get traction worth crap so just a pair you'll be happy u did
Old 08-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by night ghost
alright well u should get a set of drag radials probably like 275's nitto or bfg bfg are very good i have them on mine and sti's dont even get me at launch they might waist fairly quickly based on your driving habits however are worth the money without my drag radials i would not be able to get traction worth crap so just a pair you'll be happy u did
did u read what u just wrote?? hahaha!!! use punctuation!! Reread right now what u just wrote and tell me if it made sense??
Old 08-30-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahaha my bad, i just don't bother with that, im doin my homework right now so i rushed. Should i start using proper grammer now. Do people actually care. seriously let me know but yah no punctuation kinda makes me look stupid, huh? lol
Old 08-30-2007, 11:22 PM
TECH Resident

^^^^^ it usually helps in understanding someone when they use puncuation.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:27 PM
PSR
9 Second Club

what is your tire pressure? I have found by lowering the tire pressure (on drag radials) allows the tire to bite harder, thus reducing tire spin
Old 08-30-2007, 11:30 PM
PSR
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by kbraklr
did u read what u just wrote?? hahaha!!! use punctuation!! Reread right now what u just wrote and tell me if it made sense??
Dude isn’t that like the pot calling the kettle black! Periods and capitalization own you too.