General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Drive an M6 first time today!!

Old 09-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive an M6 first time today!!

My friend, 17 but just a basic license got his car (3000GT) and he let me drive in in an empty parking lot and not in the streets because of him not being 21 yet.

So I'm 16 and only drove my mom's 97' Sentra, lol. So this 225HP V6 was actually a lot for me to handle especially since it's a M6. So he tells me the basics to drive and all I really did was go back and forth in 1st gear getting used to the clutch.

I accidentally did a burnout or it might've been just the wheels spinning since I pressed a bit hard. But DAMN, smelling burnt rubber smells good.

I was having fun with this "monster" Now I think I understand the power of V8 300+ HP Camaro's without even getting into the seat of one.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you think thats fast....a stock LS1 feels dog slow to me now let the modding begain
Old 09-28-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CamaroLover
I was having fun with this "monster" Now I think I understand the power of V8 300+ HP Camaro's without even getting into the seat of one.
Nope...you won't understand until you drive one
Old 09-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slick1851
If you think thats fast....a stock LS1 feels dog slow to me now let the modding begain
LOL, that's insane.

Originally Posted by chavez885
Nope...you won't understand until you drive one
Hahaaa........hopefully I can buy one when I'm 17 and get my license (all the way in June =( )

I still want to practice and use an M6 really well so I can get a better judge of what I want, M6 or A4. Most likely it'll be an M6.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I accidentally did a burnout or it might've been just the wheels spinning since I pressed a bit hard. But DAMN, smelling burnt rubber smells good.
That wasn't burning rubber, that was the clutch begging you to

J/K Glad you had fun, just don't ever refer to a base 3000gt as a "monster" ever again!
Old 09-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Teching In

since it's a M6
Not trying to be a know-it-all or anything, but arent they 5 speeds.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

^^
1990-1995
Non-turbo = M5
Turbo AWD = M5

1996-1998
Non-turbo = M5
TURBO AWD = M6

If was probably non-turbo fwd cuz he stated 225hp. The turbos are rated at 300. That was probably the fronts just spinning, not too hard to get em' to spin when all 4000lbs. is trandferred to the rear suspension.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Veteran

lol @ 3000gts.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

I know what you mean man. I went from a 150hp A3 nissan 240sx to my 350hp M6 goat. It was quite an eye opener. Especialy on street tires. 2nd gear gets me smoke and sideways if I punch it right. Have fun and be safe.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol. V6 is a BEAST, YO!

just kidding. sounds like you had a good time. now gotta get behind a 6sp and a LS1 for some real fun.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, my mistake. It was a 5 speed. I'm used to say M6 on these forums, lol.

I tried making the front smoke again but when I tried, I heard a low weird noise which most likely I think was the clutch so I just stopped because I didn't want to mess up my friend's new car.

But I have to say, 3000gt's look all wide but they're the smallest most uncomfortable cars I've ever rode in. The only way for the passenger to be comfortable is to put the seat back ALL the way, but if someone is sitting in the back, your head will hit the rood.

3000gt's are definitely not monsters but it was the most "power" I've ever handled. I think I actually got hard when I smelled the rubber =D I mean, one of my best friends has been driving for years and is only into f-bodies. He got me into Camaro's and cars in general and he always did burnouts for fun and I loved it, but it's really 10 times better when you do it yourself.

How is the proper way to do a burnout in manual though? The most basic way?

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
Lol. V6 is a BEAST, YO!

just kidding. sounds like you had a good time. now gotta get behind a 6sp and a LS1 for some real fun.
Man, I was driving the Sentra with my mom today and she was going to have a heart attack when I turned right onto a pretty big boulevard going "too fast on the turn" and by too fast she means 15 MPH. And there was no "No Turn on Right" sign and I wanted to go right but she's like "NO, WAIT FOR THE LIGHT TO TURN" so all the cars behind are beeping and cursing out the window because my mom wanted be to be "safe". She's going to definitely have some heart problems when I buy the V-8, lol.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 09-28-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

CamaroLover My friend, 17 but just a basic license got his car (3000GT) and he let me drive in in an empty parking lot and not in the streets because of him not being 21 yet.
Im 18 and got my car when i turned 18 so i have had it for less than a year. But i had 2 vehicles before my camaro and im glad i did because i would have killed my self in my car when i was 16.

LOL +1 i already want more and i finished my cam swap only a month ago, nitrous in the works i guess im greedy.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Prerun4fun13
Im 18 and got my car when i turned 18 so i have had it for less than a year. But i had 2 vehicles before my camaro and im glad i did because i would have killed my self in my car when i was 16.
Yeah, I read that a lot and never really thought into it much until I drove 200+ HP and I thought that was "crazy" I really can't imagine 300+ yet, lol.

I'm doing the math and I have some medical bills to pay off and I won't really expect my car until I'm 18 either But atleast I'll be alive, lol.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

m6's are just more fun..

mhm.. my H/C/I car is starting to feel slow to me.. even when iðm spinnign wheels in 3rd,

so i ordered a nitro kit today ;D
Old 09-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

H/C/I??????????

I hope I'm not wrong and won't look like a retard but...

Headers Cam Intake????

Oh yeah, something I'd thought I would share...

I'm driving in a 25MPH zone and I was going 30, and I didn't want to go faster because I just didn't need to. But this A-Hole is behind me right on my *** and I see he has purple lights and I could see his shopping cart handle from my mirror and then realized it was a Civic So after a few minutes of me not going faster, he goes on the other lane towards oncoming traffic about 2 inches from my car and goes in front of me and almost hit my car. All I could really do was honk the horn. But damn...ricers are stupid.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Dude you haven't felt anything yet
Old 09-28-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm glad for you. I do find it pretty damn funny non the less. We all started somewhere ya know! Now you know why we laugh at ricers, because they are no faster than your mom's sentra. Oh, I bet a stock V6 camaro is faster than that GT3000 you drove too. All those are DOGS compared to even a stock ls1. I remember when I had my first car. It was a cayenne red metalic 97 camaro V6 A4 and clean as hell. I loved it, and I know it wasn't fast, but it was fun. Not sure if I would have done something stupid if I had an ls1 instead. Probably not. Anyways, durring that time I had gotten a ride from a cool guy with a ls1 TA M6 making 380 RWHP. I was freakin amazed at what a HUGE difference there was. I was hooked. Paid off the camaro as soon as I could and sold it for my car now. I'm used to pretty fast cars now. Imagine 500+ hp 480+ tq to the ground...thats what my new motor is gunna do.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

I always thought I would never have fun n anything less than 350HP, LOL....

Now I understand why everyone on these boards says don't buy an LS1 when you're 16, haha. I almost killed myself in a V-6...that was a Mitsubishi...

500+HP....that's intense...just imagining the torque that has is amazing. Now I really appreciate the F-Bodies since I sort of have an idea of how they actually are.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Man, I was driving the Sentra with my mom today and she was going to have a heart attack when I turned right onto a pretty big boulevard going "too fast on the turn" and by too fast she means 15 MPH. And there was no "No Turn on Right" sign and I wanted to go right but she's like "NO, WAIT FOR THE LIGHT TO TURN" so all the cars behind are beeping and cursing out the window because my mom wanted be to be "safe". She's going to definitely have some heart problems when I buy the V-8, lol.
I think crap like that is pretty common with moms. I always used to get into arguments with my mom over dumb stuff like speeding up a little to make a yellow light and whatnot (actually, still do every once in awhile .

I don't think I've ever actually scared my dad though (at least not enough to show it). We've been sideways, gone a little over 50 on a turn with a recommended speed of 15, 90+ on highways. I might have got him one time when I spun the tires in reverse, then proceeded to spin the tires in first and second coming up to a nasty turn, hehe. He got me one time though when he spun the tires in our garage...I flipped out, lol.

It might be easier for you if you just drive slow and obey traffic rules when you're with your parents though. You don't want them worrying about you and not wanting you to drive and stuff.

Search this Thread