General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

should I buy this SS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default should I buy this SS?

i need to decide whether or not to buy this car im looking at, its a 2000 camaro ss M6, 70,000 miles and they want $8,750, it runs really well and the interior is in great shape, most of the exterior looks good but the taillight filler panel is cracked and needs replaced, theres a scratch above the gas cap and the front bumber has quite a bit of spider webbing, also it sounds like about half the speakers are blown but it does have monsoon sound. ive been looking for a f body for months but now when it comes time to make a serious decision im scared it will end up haveing hidden problems. does it sound like a good deal?
Old 01-01-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea test drive it and get a compression test and look at all the fluids. thats a great price for a SS with that kinda miles i payed a lil less than that for a Z so yea thats a good deal as long as its solid
Old 01-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Launching!

deff have it checked out. If its good to go. Then drive on man
Old 01-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Have you had carfax done on it? It doesn't always reveal everything but you never know what you might find. Tail light panel is an easy fix. Speakers can be replaced easily. You can live with scratches if they aren't all over the place for the price. There may be a reason why there is a bunch of webbing on the front bumper. It's possible there was a light impact in the front such as simply bumping into a stationary object. It really seems like a low price for an SS. Could be the a deal of a lifetime, could be a waste of money. You really need to go through every detail from top to bottom, this includes inspecting the underside of the car. I think the important thing here is locating repairs if there have been any, and if there are any existing issues you will really want to know about that. Take your time with it. Try to negotiate the price with all your findings. Trust your instincts. If you don't feel comfortable about it.....walk away. It's better to be 100% sure about your decision than it is to be sorry you made the wrong one.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have also noticed that diffeent states, the prices are a little different! i live in california and i got my 99 camaro Z28 black with some mods done professionally and it had 76,000 miles i got it for $7900!! i know i got a good deal and it had no problems with paint or anything like you mentioned!! but then again your looking at an ss so that cost a bit more. if u can get it for $8300 i would say thats ok
Old 01-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Banned

ok also give me the vin and ill check ur carfax!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for all the help guys, other than what i mentioned it seemed like a really solid car, n thanks for the carfax offer but i already got it it checks out clear the only thing on the report is a minor collision in 03 the first owner had it for 8 months the second one had it for 3 years the third had it for 4 1/2 years and has all kinds of service records and oil change records for that owner so i thought that was good but then the bank reposed it from them, the only worry i have is if they took that good of care of it why wouldnt they have fixed the little things and kept it from gettin repoed?
Old 01-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Banned

well that an ok carfax report, yea it seems wierd that it got repoed! u can also check simple things on the car that can giv u a simple idea of the owner, for example rear tire wear, rubber on the bumper from burning out, the engine bays cleanness! a guy who check the oil and does maintanace would not have a very dusty engine bay! check underneath the car for unusual things and also one other important thing! go to ur local dealer with the vin and ask them for all the service records!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:05 AM
TECH Addict

I would have a mechanic look at the car....it seems toooooo cheap to me.

Quick Reply: should I buy this SS?