General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Tell ls1 or ls2

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell ls1 or ls2

Well im looking at a car, the owner before the owner as of now says that it has the ls2 drop in and the owner atm doesnt know, what would be the easiest way to tell the difference w/o dissasembly
Old 03-04-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

when did the owner buy the car off the previous owner?? If Im correct, I dont think that you could get an LS2 until the end of 05 unless you got one off of a vette or gto wreck.

Look at the throttle body size for one. Man Im trying to think what else you could look for.

I guess your going to have to crawl under the car and look for serial numbers and post them up here and see if we (tech) can match some numbers. Take a pic of it if you can. I would love to see it.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Well i went ahead and bought the car, to me it looks an ls1 but beign told it had an ls2 out of a wrecked gto after the accident rebuilt title but never looks like its had an engine swap. But for the price i couldnt even let a t/a with an ls1 go to waste 98 ta 99k got it for $4,800 with shipping i needed a car quick anyways and i plan on driving it till the wheels fall off anyways.All the panels are lined up extremely well drives straight etc. Guess ill just have to wait till i get her home to do some deep checking