General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

what's you favorite part of your car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's you favorite part of your car?

as far as i'm concerned, my T/A is an LS1 & T56 in a shitty GM wrapper with a cool hood. i have no affinity towards the car, but that motor and tranny are unparalleled in just about anything else on the street.

how do you guys feel?
Old 03-19-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The man pedal.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THE MIGHTY 10 BOLT

I like the whole car except the rattling interior.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:38 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,058 Posts

I like everything about my Camaros. Exterior, interior, drivetrain; all of it.

IMO, these are some of the best performance cars that GM has ever built. They are affordable, generally reliable, they look great on the outside, the interior fits like a glove, they run much stronger than their direct competition, and have a great aftermarket for people who choose to mod them.

Basically, these cars have everything I need and nothing I don't. They aren't the most practical cars in the world, but for a weekend toy I can't imagine anything that I'd like better, dollar for dollar.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

IMO, these are some of the best performance cars that GM has ever built. They are affordable, generally reliable, they look great on the outside, the interior fits like a glove, they run much stronger than their direct competition, and have a great aftermarket for people who choose to mod them.

Basically, these cars have everything I need and nothing I don't. They aren't the most practical cars in the world, but for a weekend toy I can't imagine anything that I'd like better, dollar for dollar.
WELL SAID.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

dollar for dollar they are a good value.. but if you like the interior and think that the build quality is good, you need to drive some other cars.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BadGTho
dollar for dollar they are a good value.. but if you like the interior and think that the build quality is good, you need to drive some other cars.
Haha, judging from how long he's been around, I'm guessing he has. I hear everyone talk about how crappy and cheap the interiors feel, but what exactly are you guys comparing these cars to? A base Z28 with a few options would go for low $20s and put you in the mid-low 13s at about 105-106 mph.

Name one other car that you could have bought in the late 90s or early 2000s that would go for a similar price, give you a better interior that you speak of, and give you anywhere NEAR the performance?

Even at $30k for a Trans Am with options, what car could you have bought at the time with a way better interior AND performance similar to that car? Not to mention no car looks that badass.

If you bought your Fbody because it was a good buy "dollar for dollar" and you're not happy with the quality of the interior, AND the performance doesn't more than make up for that, you are clearly bought the wrong vehicle.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 03-19-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach

If you bought your Fbody because it was a good buy "dollar for dollar" and you're not happy with the quality of the interior, AND the performance doesn't more than make up for that, you are clearly bought the wrong vehicle.
i think you misunderstand.

i LOVE the performance. the car is nothing special. i understand what you're saying... you cannot go faster for less money. i agree. hence my purchase.

all i'm saying is that the car is basically a plastic wrapper around a badass drivetrain (unless it's an auto)
Old 03-19-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

My favorite parts are the Z06 mesh screens in my front and the rear screens under the rear of the doors. The just make the car look bad *** IMO.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Banned

I like the plastic wrapper, one thing I can't stand are dings all over a car. Like the 1/4 panels, being steel they are showing some.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

i think you misunderstand.

i LOVE the performance. the car is nothing special. i understand what you're saying... you cannot go faster for less money. i agree. hence my purchase.

all i'm saying is that the car is basically a plastic wrapper around a badass drivetrain (unless it's an auto)
I understand what you are saying, as well, but what exactly would you consider "something special"? My guess is nothing under $30-35k.

To me, a car is a package at a certain price. There was nothing out there in this price range ($20-30k)that could touch these cars as a package. To me, that falls into the "special" category.

Of course, the second you get into mods, that all changes. But we all know the mod potential of the LS1, and all LSX engines for that matter, is STILL near the front of the pack. The only better mod potentials out there are all FI, which is entirely different.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

I LOVE LAMP!!!!!!!!

But seriously the whole car is just an awsome package
Old 03-19-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

AHA!!! And I just realized something, BadGTHo. You have a Trans Am. While exterior of a WS6 clearly puts my Z28 to shame, the interior of the Camaro is hands down a much nicer looking interior in my book. Just my opinion, of course, but I would swap my interior into a Pewter WS6 any day of the week.

There are some subtle but extremely important differences that to most people aren't important, but jump out at me when I get in my buddy's Trans Am. It literally does make me feel like I'm in a cheaper car, even thought this is the opposite of how the exterior of both makes me feel.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

i love the whole package, granted i wish i had gotten an m6 but i might just take care of that aspect one day!
Old 03-19-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jrob56
i love the whole package, granted i wish i had gotten an m6 but i might just take care of that aspect one day!
Well, until you do, enjoy knowing that your A4 is probably running half a second faster than most M6s out there trapping 1-2 mph faster than you.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
AHA!!! And I just realized something, BadGTHo. You have a Trans Am. While exterior of a WS6 clearly puts my Z28 to shame, the interior of the Camaro is hands down a much nicer looking interior in my book. Just my opinion, of course, but I would swap my interior into a Pewter WS6 any day of the week.
the T/A seats are nicer... by far.. and in fact turned me away from the camaro... i like to be comfy. but yes, the t/a dash stinks of Grand Am, not Trans Am.... as do the door panels.

you'd have to admit that both interiors are VERY filled with hard brittle plastic that squeeks. in fact, my 3rd gen interior was less plasticy

and in response to your previous... special under 30k.. i dunno, but there are many cars under 30k with better build quality.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Launching!

My favorite part? The t-56 of course (and the shift **** my brother made for me)
Old 03-19-2008, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

The sounds of the duals
Old 03-19-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

the T/A seats are nicer... by far.. and in fact turned me away from the camaro... i like to be comfy. but yes, the t/a dash stinks of Grand Am, not Trans Am.... as do the door panels.

you'd have to admit that both interiors are VERY filled with hard brittle plastic that squeeks. in fact, my 3rd gen interior was less plasticy

and in response to your previous... special under 30k.. i dunno, but there are many cars under 30k with better build quality.
Yeah, but you totally sacrifice any decent performance for that high build quality. That's all I was saying.

And the seat of the Z28 are fine for me, I didn't notice a big difference feel-wise. Definitely just a personal preference.

But I can't STAND those cheap looking grey plastic ***** on everything in the TAs. The lack of single digit MPH marks makes the car look way cheaper to me, the door panels - blah, and the round A/C vents also look cheap to me compared to the Camaro's. Those are the big gripes I have with the TA interiors compared to the Camaro's, and they completely change the whole feel for me.

At least the Camaro plastic pieces are all black and have a more modern, less cheap plastic look to them. Whoever decided on that toy quality grey color needs to be fired.

Like I said, if the TAs came with the same exact interior as the Camaros, I would EASILY spend a couple thousand more for a TA, but I can't stand that interior.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

I thought the general consensus was T/A interiors were nicer? You can't even compare the seats in my formula to a T/A. I'm not a big guy by an stretch of the imagination (5'9") but those seats are waayyy better. I know its all personal preference though.

To the OP, If I had to pick one single part, it would be the cam. If the car was still stock, it would have to be the shifter/T56. Exterior would have to be my non-compensating Formula rear hatch, and the T-tops.